Strategies of Health Teaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Three. Post here.

Go down 
+17
marina dato
anjhel perono
song,esther
anna
reen
marife_remolar
Olaivar, Coleen
dane_ako
jhonrigil bengan
russel
darkdrei
chexter08
Louie Lota
jonrudolph_lota
rialyn
april
Admin
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Dane And Jhon's Post   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:39 am

Exactly! That's what I have said, they need parental guidance as early as they are exposed to television and computers.

lol! Basketball
Back to top Go down
Louie Lota

Louie Lota

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:51 am

ok this is basically getting out of hand hahaha...

how did new learning environment go to sexual interactions and watch xxx

lol i mean everyone grows up watching that in accident or in purpose haha

but seriously, when we use technology for education to improve our learning environment
would not lead to students misusing the previlage in watching X rated videos.. Which
infact we students know that technology is mainly to make things more easier.. haha

dont worry when time comes computers will take over us and take our jobs.. haha just kidding..
Back to top Go down
dane_ako

dane_ako

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:55 am

Yes, I most definitely agree, PARENTAL GUIDANCE should no tbe neglected.
Back to top Go down
darkdrei

darkdrei

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:05 am

why is it all about computer learning, if there are book being made now a days for learning?

book which is being prepared for us reader, to be read and learn from it.

its not only computer based learning is improving in terms of ideas, but also books contain much more ideas and being precise on giving concepts
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Louie's Post   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:09 am

To Louie's post..

Because watching television and computers were part of new learning environments and that's what we are talking here.

lol!
Back to top Go down
dane_ako

dane_ako

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:17 am

FYI: E-BOOKS are basically free and can be downloaded from the internet. Better than buying a 500 PHP book.
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Dane's Post   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 am

You got it. All the necessary informations can be found in the internet. We don't have to buy books except it will be required by our teachers.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
dane_ako

dane_ako

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:35 am

Yeah. I wouldn't even buy. If the professor would require a book and isn't that strict about copyright, I'd just download the E-BOOK and then have it printed out.
Back to top Go down
chexter08

chexter08

PostSubject: E-Books.?   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:41 am

in e-books are you sure that all of the answer is correct.?hehe..

curious only.. Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
dane_ako

dane_ako

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 9:26 am

Well of course you have to look for the exact book. For example, I downloaded the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" which you can buy in fully booked for quite an expensive price. It's the same book authored by John Gray. I was also able to download an Eddie Bravo book, which costs around 2,000 PHP in bookstores. Smile
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:46 pm

as our technology evolves so as the way of teaching and learning... it is good to know that there are lots of research done to improved the quality of learning, thus providing students opportunities to perform better....

new learning environments offers student ways that they think will work for them... but i think it is still up to the student's skills, motivation and interest to scale up the effectiveness of the different learning environment that has been discussed in the article......

learning happens whenever & wherever a man's set his foot...

-remolar
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: My Post   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:45 am

Learning environments serves as a great factor in one's system of learning. It serves as a guide wherein students select learning environments as what fits them the most, and what captures their interests. By this, they will be motivated, determined, and willing to learn.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
reen

PostSubject: Use of Technology for Teaching Methods   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:52 am

Hands down was the idea that technology makes learning easier and more fun. I've never been proponent of the theory that education should be a dog and pony show aimed at keeping students entertained and amused every second of the class period. However, technology integration, like other good teaching techniques, actively engages students in the learning process. Many students see school as an accepted ritual that one has to endure to move on to the next level - a place where educators are dispensers of knowledge and students are merely the vessels waiting to be filled. Learning should be interactive and involve problem solving, communication, and yes, development of new knowledge and products. When students are involved in the learning and participate in it by creating new information, they are more likely to view that experience as easy and fun.
Back to top Go down
anna

PostSubject: whooo!!   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 am

As i continue reading the article given, Now i realize how blessed the students nowadays because of the advancement of the technology, we can search as fastest as a second. New learning environments, in this selection shows that the advancement of the technology can help to stimulate the students to learn more because the students are more fun on the computer and they found they self bored listening to their boring professor with the boring subjects. The example given in the article, which is if the students allow to have their laptops in front on them while the professor is lecturing and they are allow to search information about the topic and give their opinion,their insights,their understanding about the information they search abut the topic in every insights it wil help the students to be more interested to the topic because they can relate.The students learn while their enjoying.
For me using the technology may also help the students to be more effective in terms of gaining knowledge. Because surfing in the internet like in GOOGLE,YAHOO they are receiving knowledge in just simple clicking their computers.

But ofcourse not everyone is in favor of this technology advancement, some may think that this technology is the reason why some of the students are lazy, because they relay in the internet and not in reading their books. and some are more enjoy in playing "computer games" than studying. well that is the disadvantage of the technology but it can handle by the person itself or in the person in his/her suroundings.
Back to top Go down
anna

PostSubject: post ever!!!   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 am

My last post is about the advantage of the advancement of today’s technology, well as we all know technology really helps a lot especially to us students. We simply search on the net what are we looking for right?? Not like before they need to read lots of books before they find the answers to their questions. We learn a lot from the internet instantly.

Even in a simple computer game we learn, because in computer games If you’re not extremely good at pattern recognition, sense-making in confusing environments, and multitasking, and if you are afraid to constantly explore and push the limits of what you do, then you won’t do well in the game world. In this world, you immerse yourself in an immensely complex, information rich, dynamic realm where you must sense, infer, decide and act quickly. When you fail, you must learn from that failure and try again and again and again. Continuous decision-making under uncertainty is the coin of the day. In addition, the gaming generation turns out to very bottom-line oriented. They want metrics and they want their performance measured. They want to learn, and without measurements they can’t tell if and how much they are learning. Surprising as it may sound, many gamers say, "If I’m not learning then it isn’t fun!” This also means that game designers must know how to design good learning environments; environments that are constantly throwing new challenges at the player that are neither too difficult nor too simple. Further, as the player improves, the challenges need to be more demanding--but at just the right pace. The more I study game play, the more I think about the term “serious play.” So computer games are not just for fun, (right computer gamers? Hahahahah…) Gamers are not only play games but seek out ways to improve or to create modification to them.
Living without technology nowadays is big deal for many people out there. Learning is not just in the four corner of the room (like what april said.) how big our world is?? Exploration is important (right Rudolph??) and through internet we can explore!!
But I’m not saying here that because we internet we don’t need to study anymore of course all in excess is bad!! We should control our self, it doesn’t mean that we need to be an internet dependent. Books are still more accurate than reading. Internet is just a guide. Learning like the senior learn before has also an advantage and maybe they are more accurate than us students today but I believed that learning is not measured through quantitatively but in qualitatively. What the seniors know we can also know.  just give time. Hahahaha……

lol!
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:34 am

Internet-based networked computer-enhanced learning. A specific and always more diffused e-learning is mobile learning, it uses different mobile telecommunication equipments like our cellphones.

When a learner interacts with the e-learning environment, it's called augmented learning. By adapting to the needs of individuals, the context-driven instruction can be dynamically tailored to the learner's natural environment. Augmented digital content may include text, images, video, music and voice. By personalizing instruction, augmented learning has been shown to improve learning performance for a lifetime.

People learn differently form each other. Learning may occur consciously or without conscious awareness.
We just have to remember that,,, there are no mistakes, just lessons.
Lessons that will continue to repeat themselves until learned!
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: *^^*   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 am

Yes,^^we can learn every where!
but i'd like to think why we want to admit high level of school?
is this just fame of the school or self- contentment?
i think, we want to achieve our goal from quality of knowledge.

For example, online reseaching is common to us for getting information. when i use
computer for understanding of lecture. i've frequently felt
" i have to research well to avoid from wrong
information because online is open field.

As a nuse, we have a right to get accurate knowledge used from any method of learning.
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: *^^*   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:04 am

Very Happy

Last edited by song,esther on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: ^^   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:05 am

Razz

Last edited by song,esther on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:06 am

aza aza!!

Last edited by song,esther on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:07 am

yes! we can learn from everywhere^^
but i would like to think back why we want to admit high level of school?
is this fame of the school or self-contentment?
This is in the latter case.

The most of all the reasons are acquireing quality of knowledge.
best school have best qualified teacher!
like as... our school have good teacher!! hehehe bom

there's alots of ways to get information.we can get information from books , magazines and encyclomedia .
although there's many sources to get information, internet is our common source for researching information.

yes, surely getting information from internet might be best however
i like to point out that some informations posted on internet might be
wrong or not updated. therefore as a nurse , we should use
sources properly.
Back to top Go down
anjhel perono

PostSubject: technology..   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:12 am

.. LEARNING EXPERIENCE also gives important part in gaining knowledge. but do you also think that every time we encounter problems in our experiences, we use our CRITICAL THINKING in solving these.
.. i do think that PBL & LE have something in common in regards to acquiring knowledge & in teaching its students.
Back to top Go down
marina dato

PostSubject: to ruseel & kuya jhon....   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:28 am

i am agree with russel & kuya jhon... because now a days, people are depending on technology(computer).. it is easy to get information just clicking and "BANG you will already get what you want... for example:internet VS books..(if your teacher will give you an assignment you can easily search it into the internet just a click of your hand and then it can easily process, not just that but also you can get many info and you can choose the best answer while/unlike in the books sometimes you will not get the complete answer because there is a missing part and etc.)... see what is the advantage of technology to us as a student....?.. it is really a good opportunity for us to have this kind of learning, it develops the part that can make us learn easily.. santa bounce I love you Laughing .......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Send private message marina_dato@yahoo.com Online
Back to top Go down
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 am

marina dato wrote:
i am agree with russel & kuya jhon... because now a days, people are depending on technology(computer).. it is easy to get information just clicking and "BANG you will already get what you want... for example:internet VS books..(if your teacher will give you an assignment you can easily search it into the internet just a click of your hand and then it can easily process, not just that but also you can get many info and you can choose the best answer while/unlike in the books sometimes you will not get the complete answer because there is a missing part and etc.)... see what is the advantage of technology to us as a student....?.. it is really a good opportunity for us to have this kind of learning, it develops the part that can make us learn easily.. santa bounce I love you Laughing .......
Back to top Go down
View user profile Send private message marina_dato@yahoo.com Online

i agree with you, but don't deny the fact that in every advantage there is also a corresponding disadvantage. IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO. haha. (peace my friend)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-LALIC
Back to top Go down
torres_geline

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:18 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
About Andrei's post, isn't watching television has also bad effect for the children just like computer gaming because sometimes there are scenes that is not good for the children just like kissing scenes, sex, and sometimes there are already children who were used to watch XXX. Meaning both computer gaming and watching television must have PG..

Basketball

ahahah alright rudolph you're taking it seriously. you stick to what you believed,you find fault,you see negatives. haha peace
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Group Three. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Three. Post here.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next