Strategies of Health Teaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

do this applicable to all?

Go down 
+6
Louie Lota
jhonrigil bengan
dxtineshane
chexter08
jonrudolph_lota
darkdrei
10 posters
AuthorMessage
darkdrei

darkdrei

do this applicable to all? Empty
PostSubject: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:02 am

Learning is everywhere, that's true. But, now a days technology affects the learning of an individual in a sense of too much use of it. I can say that many children spend their time playing in the computer than studying. How can this help themselves if there is a misuse of the technology that we have. How can we encourage them to spend more time studying than playing games in the computer or any gadgets that they used? Its hard to convinced them by just one time, because sooner or later they might be seeking for the enjoyment that they had, playing games.
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: I Disagree With Andrei   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 am

Game-based learning..

Playing computer games is part of learning as it is said in game-based learning. And for me too, computer games is part of learning as I call myself a learner, because I love to play computer games and by that, I learn from what I love which is playing computer games as one of my sources of learning.

So i disagree with what Andrei has said on his post because it is not a misuse to let the children play computer games. It is part of learning.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
darkdrei

darkdrei

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:58 am

hahaha i said there is learning everywhere.. Playing a computer game is also a part of learning, but what kind of learning? does playing "dota" help you pass the anatomy subject?

It's very easy to learn how to play games, in just a few hours or even a minute you can play the game and adopting the idea of the programmer on how to deal with it.

All I am about to say that, it is not necessary that technology help everyone in learning. Most of the time, playing game is very addictive. So I advice that, have a time management. Wink
Back to top Go down
chexter08

chexter08

PostSubject: Andrei vs. Rudolph..hehe..   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:47 am

Andrei is right you need a time management in game-based learning because if you have an adequate time for doing all the things that you need in game-based learning it can help you to have an good outcome in learning.

but..!!=)

Rudoplh is not pertaining in one game as i've understand game-bsed learning is not focusing only on one gam it focus on all educated games that can help us to improve our ability in different learning domains..

hahahaha..sharing only my idea.. peace..=)
Back to top Go down
dxtineshane

dxtineshane

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:01 am

Game-based learning? It also effective beacause it motivates the students, they learn from their mistakes.. Teacher uses competitive exercises, either pitting the students against each other or getting them to challenge themselves.. It gains the interest of the students, they will actively participate and they can express themselves...

- Dangan
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: I Disagree With Andrei   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:03 am

But what you have said in your first post was it is a misuse to play computer games for the children. And you have just said that learning is everything, meaning playing "dota" is a part of learning. And if you really read the article that was assigned to us, it is stated there that world of warcraft is part of computer-based learning meaning you didn't read well the article. So I suggest you start reading now and go back to what article was assigned to us. About to "dota" and anatomy, don't compare the "dota" to anatomy because "dota" is another environment for learning, where in playing "dota" you will learn how to contribute to a team or simply saying how to have a good team work, strategy, and skills too. While anatomy is another environment of learning, it is where acquiring knowledge is being process. So both are different styles of learning, and don't ever say that "dota" is just a computer game, for me its a part of learning and a challenge because I am aiming to become one of the best "dota" players and that aim has made me interested on how to improve myself in playing "dota" through learning.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
jhonrigil bengan

PostSubject: i dont agree in some opinion of rudolf about dota....   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:23 am

i dont beleive that playing dota is learning, its addictive kind of game, once you started it you cant stop it,, specially when your on half way of your game. i do agree on playing it can contribute strategy and skills,,,

but...

you cant put it into reality, playing dota is different in what happening in reality.
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Jhon Comment   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:53 am

I am not just saying "dota" or world of warcraft, I am referring to all of the computer games. Some of the computer games were related to what we have in school, there were games that would enhance our mind just like the game show that would ask questions related to different subjects such as science and technology, politics, history, and other subjects which is now a computer games. Some were skills enhancer as well as mind enhancer just like "dota" it need strategies, techniques, and skills to be able to beat any opponents. Without these strategies, techniques, and skills, you will not be able to beat the opponent so it really needs learning for the players to improve their strategies, techniques, and skills. With regards to addiction on games, it depends on the parents on how they will guide their children and also time management will do.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Louie Lota

Louie Lota

PostSubject: OK!   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:35 am

This is what i can say about your guys post.

Well playing games gives the chance to use your critical thinking and come up with
strategies to master the game. But how much of your time would you give to that game
would you drop out of school just to finish and master the game.

Gaming also has its limits. But im not against gaming i think everything has to be
balanced out. Like what our parents tell us all the time there is time to play and theirs time to
study.

Studies will always come first. And technology is just there to stimulate our minds and to
keep our minds going. If we relax our minds for to long we would lose the sense of critical thinking,
which we as nurses use everyday of our lives.

Agree?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:42 am

TO ALL: Put this into perspective: Game is created for fun, and by that computer games is its medium. Game-based learning, however, is created for learning. Though, a particular classification of computer games, such as DoTA, or Counter Strike, or any other- improves the skills of strategy and even teamwork, consider the fact that those games are not created for learning, but rather merely for fun. In short, those games are created for fun, and learning is only secondary. That is very much different from a purist computer-based learning wherein a particular game was created for the students to learn.

Now, how would you program a game-based learning for Anatomy and Physiology? for BioEthics? for Maternal and Child Nursing?
Back to top Go down
https://ccpcon-she.forumotion.net
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Louie's Post   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 am

Yeah right! There must be limits in playing computer games, computer games are just mind enhancer and help us improve as a learner. We must prioritize first the school thing than computer gaming.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Admin's Post   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:46 am

Well, in game-based learning, it is all about teamwork to be able for the team to win, and related to nursing care for the patient, we must have a good team work to our colleagues to be able for us to do good nursing care for the patient, a good quality care.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
jhonrigil bengan

PostSubject: rudolf   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 am

i agree.., playing computer game enhanced once knowledge. we can also put it into action. but remember,, too much playing of computer game can cause addiction.. play hard and study harder...
Back to top Go down
Louie Lota

Louie Lota

PostSubject: gaming hmmmm   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:55 am

Now my answer to sir:

how would i program a game for learning based on anatomy and other subjects well...

I would bring in a game which i used to play when i was young which involved the individual to pull out a certain part of the person's body with out making a buzz noise which in other words means you killed your patient.

So why not program a computer game just like that when you pull out a certain body organ or part and when its pulled out there would be details about the organ or body part that was just removed. this is can be fun and at the same time educational for childrens 12 and under

Now for us more older and some what more educated especially in the course nursing. How about applying the game of war and at the same time there would be a part where you would play the military personnel or nurse which would have to do certain procedures in order to improve the condition of the soldier and at the same time there would be questions that would appear asking questions for example:

1. Why did you apply alcohol on the wound whats the rationale?
2. Why did you give him this certain medication?

questions like that. I mean I will also show how you would think and act in situations where in the soldier is badly wounded and what would you do.

and for maternal and child
Like example sims is so creative especially when it comes with sexual activities why not apply a game just like that but also apply the can happen. Example the women or girl gets pregnant you would have to help assist give birth and also there would be questions that would be constantly asked by the mother regarding her and the child. And this where would the critical thinking of the individual start to work in order to answer correctly..

I mean each game in order to be applicable to our couse we need to apply the questioning methods and at the same time enjoy the game itself.

thats based on my opinion..
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Jhon's Post   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:57 am

Nice answer Jhon, study harder, harder, harder, and harder. And just play stronger with limit.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
torres_geline

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:56 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
Game-based learning..

Playing computer games is part of learning as it is said in game-based learning. And for me too, computer games is part of learning as I call myself a learner, because I love to play computer games and by that, I learn from what I love which is playing computer games as one of my sources of learning.

So i disagree with what Andrei has said on his post because it is not a misuse to let the children play computer games. It is part of learning.

Basketball

what andrei said was 'if its too much its a misuse' i agree with what you said that computer game is part of learning but we all know that too much is not good so why taking it seriously? game is just for fun not applicable for everyday living
Back to top Go down
marina dato

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:06 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
Game-based learning..

Basketball

what andrei said was 'if its too much its a misuse' i agree with what you said that computer game is part of learning but we all know that too much is not good so why taking it seriously? game is just for fun not applicable for everyday living

.......yeah!....I'm agree with you geline.... games are just for fun it can give as learning but not totally us what we've wanted....

it is a misuse for children because if you let them play they will make it a hobbit....
HOBBIT is not good for children.....lalo na those children that is not studying well.
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:37 am

game-based learning is design not only for fun but for learning.... it has a set of modules, just like in the ELC laboratory...it is totally different from online computer games that causes cyber/computer games addiction...

alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do this applicable to all?   do this applicable to all? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do this applicable to all?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strategies of Health Teaching :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: