Strategies of Health Teaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Four. Post here.

Go down 
+21
torres_geline
annabel
margaret
jhen!oris
marife_remolar
Olaivar, Coleen
song,esther
karen casuga
kristine
princess
andreanmarie
emerlyn
jonrudolph_lota
dxtineshane
ansbertumali
Ivy Rose
Jasmin Picones
mHaiNe
maryrose
jhoannaduque
Admin
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Group Four. Post here. Empty
PostSubject: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:29 am

Group Four, please post here.
Back to top Go down
https://ccpcon-she.forumotion.net
jhoannaduque

PostSubject: my opinion..   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:37 pm

As I've read the article,there is are disadvantage and advantage in the topic.This article shows that we shouldn't be dependent on the machine or any medical instruments used.We should do our responsibilities to give our patient the best care that we can give.By reading this article about the nurse anesthetist the nurses should first think of the patient's situation,condition especially the health status of the patient.The nurses should know what they should do before any procedure that will be done to the patient.What's best for the patient should be given but also with consent.I as a future nurse doesn't agree with the idea on this article.Yes,it can fasten the work by having all the gadgets,monitor,etc. but as we know that this gadgets are not accurate,and so for me i will do it manually so secure my patient's condition.And also the attitude of the nurses,i see that they are not prepared for the procedure that the patient will be having,because there are some parts where in nurses have their discussion about which medicine should be given before the operation or procedure it looks like they don't really know what to do.So,therefore i think the life of the patient may be worsen if the nurses are not used to that kind of procedure or technique.
[justify] Smile
Back to top Go down
maryrose

maryrose

PostSubject: inquiry- inductive learning   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:48 pm

--->SHALOM! :-)
The topic that was given to us was a mini research about nurse anesthetists. As what I have read in the said topic I was able to know the advantages and the disadvantages of the given article. So one of the advantage is that the nurse would lessen work load while the disadvantages are the subsequent :first is that the nurse became machine dependent and of course they became lazy too. , the second one is that they don't have any nurse- patient interaction, the third is that they couldn't enhance their knowledge in skills, the fourth one is that they couldn't get an accurate information and worst of all job opportunities would lessen.

The article was a investigative learning process. the nurse's doesn't have any experience of being a nurse anesthetists, although they were already a registered nurse yet they were working with a different field and obviously they don't have enough knowledge and skills to perform well, but with the help of their trainer and of course they experience would really help them as sure as hell they would perform better bounce so, KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE THEORIES + LEARNING EXPERIENCE =SUCCESSFUL PSYCHOMOTOR Laughing
Back to top Go down
mHaiNe

mHaiNe

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:51 pm

as I've read the assign article,there is a disadvantage and advantage of using automatic devices. In the disadvantage, if the nurse have many things to do and many patient it is easy for them to get the vital sign and monitor them because you can see it automatically in the machine and the other things that will happen to the patient but the disadvantage of it is you cannot apply the learning’s and it will not enhance your skills. It is right that knowledge that you’ve earn from the lessons is definitely different from the reality. You will never know what is right or wrong unless you have an opportunity to perform such procedures and operation. Deeper understanding can achieve not in the discussion but in the actual procedures. The more we involved, the more we can learn.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jasmin Picones

PostSubject: Inquiry-Inductive Learning   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:54 pm

As i have read the topic, there are new technologies made for better and easy learning experience for nurses today and thought to have advantage. But still there is no absence of disadvantages in every new technologies made.

The content says that nurses is carried out in highly technological environment. Meaning nurses interventions are processed by means of technology not by using their own skills or not by hands on experience. The advantage of this is nurses work will be made even faster but still not sure if things will get better because there is no nurse-patient relationship that really helps in determining any problems experiencing by the client. Digital gadgets are not accurate,that is one of the disadvantage. If all the hospital will be having new technologies nurses then will be dependent on the different gadgets to lessen their work and would not even tend to visit their client. the saddest part is,their skills that they study and used in their long time of studying will not be used and enhanced instead it will just turn into nothing. NURSE BECOME NURSES BECAUSE THEY ARE MEANT AND THEY LIVE TO HELP PEOPLE BY THEIR OWN SKILLS NOT BY THE USED OF TECHNOLOGY; NURSES HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE TO PERFORM A THING THAT NEW TECHNOLOGIES DON'T HAVE.
Back to top Go down
Ivy Rose

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 am

As i've read the article assigned to us I noticed the advantage and disadvantages of the machines used to treat patients.

As a nursing student who are undertaking duties at the hospitals I myself witness on how to perform such duty.The machine could help the nurse's to conserve their time and efforts, to take multi-tasking especially if there is a lot of patients who needs their attention.

The disadvantages of the machines, the nurse's sometimes are being dependent on the machines.Other than that some patients are traumatize on the equipments used to treat them and worst of all on some cases complications occured.As time passed by machines are being defective it can cause malfunctions.

The best way to treat patients are to handle them manually it is time consumable but the you both of you are learning to eachother and the unpayable experiences.
Back to top Go down
ansbertumali

ansbertumali

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:51 am

The stethoscope that we are using right now to assess a patient is or was a product of a certain technology that was used generations ago and I assume that the use of such equipment was also debated upon by our ancestors but did we ever questioned using a stethoscope or even thought of debating about the accuracy of it? or dwell on the amount of time consumed by using it, right now? No we did not...

I think the answer to this is simple... Certain technologies and advancement of medical procedures is one aspect of our profession, hence that every equipment that we use has gone through it's own evolution of survival. If it's not working or inaccurate somebody already gave his life to prove that it is effective or ineffective. Render it useless if ineffective phase it out or make it a norm in medicine if it is proven effective, just like the stethoscope. Some may comment that being dependent on technology is bad, but it is a path that we are inclined to take, wether we like it or not.

So now. let's sit back and enjoy if our new digital thermometers will soon be the norm. Oh yeah! it is already the norm in other countries we just followed and made it cheaper.

Can't wait for the digital BP machines...

When technology evolves men evolves with it...
Back to top Go down
dxtineshane

dxtineshane

PostSubject: Technology innovation?   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 am

Lets put it this way.. even if there are many high-tech machine to easily treat the patient or to easily detect the patients condition, lets not forget the traditional way of caring the patient. What the nurses forget is to give TLC- Tender Loving Care to their patient. Nurses and other medical practitioner must not always be dependent with the technology. Just like in other countries, most of the nurses depends with the machine.. they just go to their patient and check and click the machine instantly without giving their full attention.. My tita is a nurse in broad, and she told me that everything you'll found in the hospital are automatic even in giving an NGT to the patient, they will just click the right amount that prescribed by the doctor and thats it. Even the suction machine. And charting and giving meds are computerized..

See, as technology evolves.. most of the people's lifestyle became sedentary..
Technology makes the life of people easier and bacame lazy..
WORLD is constantly changing, so the technology also...
Many years from now there will be new high-technologies. Lets enjoy and maximize it but not abuse the used of it.. just learn to look back and remeber to apply the traditional way in caring the patient, and use the skills you learned in the long years of studying in school so that all your effort will be worth it...

- Dangan

Last edited by dxtineshane29 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ansbertumali

ansbertumali

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:10 pm

I know... this is way beyond the deadline but I can't help but reply...

Of course! No one will ever disregard the traditions of our tender loving care with patients, no machine can ever replace a human touch, what I am trying to point out in this forum is not our dependency on machines that as you said makes our lives sedentary but our human nature as rationale beings to evolve with the things that is proven to be effective or ineffective.

You see... if a patient is cyanotic,

There is delay in capillary refill...

how can you assess his or her oxygen saturation with tender loving care alone? Use an oximeter! It is automatic? ain't it?

Just place it on the index finger then walla! You see the reading...

It is never an issue on dependency on machines or the lack of tender loving care ,and never to make a sedentary profession...

Technology helps our profession in a certain way that is proven effective... and helpful to us...

Simply lang toh... kung hindi effective! marami nang namatay at dahil maraming namatay kailangan itigil...
kung maraming ng na i-buhay ang teknolohiya na ating tinatamasa... Aba! kailangan nating ipagpatuloy...

Traditions will always be there, that is why we study the fundamentals of nursing...

Technology may change the way a tradition is practiced... but the fundamentals will always be there...

The foundation will always be intact...
Back to top Go down
dxtineshane

dxtineshane

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:08 am

Haha. I didn't say na TLC can only be use to assess or treat the patient. Very Happy.
So it is right, no can ever replace a human touch. And yes, technology helps our profession in a certain way that is proven effective... and helpful to us even in the condition of the patient. Machine is still a machine, it can cause malfunctions... But then... as the equipment, machine, and tools has evolved for the past decades just to meet the needs of the patient are very impressived and proven helpful for the patient to prolong their life.
But what I want to implied is that even if there are various high-tech machine that helps the nurses to make their work easier, they should not forget to put TLC or their full attention or care while doing their responsibilities. Because technological advances nowadays allows the nurses to monitor their patients condition on computers screen without even seeing the patient the nurses can easily gather information and make nursing decisions/assessment based on the information gathered.. It only shows that nurses pay much attention to the machine than to patient themselves. So.so.so. it is important to the nurses to see themselves s a person who go between the machines and the patients. Nurses should think that patient needs their attention than the attention of technology. So dapat, they should never forgetting the human being behind the machines dba? Just like in other countries they want their nurses who has TLC factor and who will give his/her full attention and care.. Because the patient can assure that if something happen... they have the nurse who will do anything to help them... Very Happy

- Dangan
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: TLC And Machines   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:24 am

Ansbert and Shane, both of you are correct.

Nurses must have a TLC for the patients but we must accept the fact that we need machines in taking care of our patients and I know that hospital settings nowadays were all made up of machines just like x-ray machine, oximeter, and other machines that could be found in the hospital.

Ansbert is right about improving more the machines that really helps in caring and curing the patients.

Meaning, nurse TLC and machines are both important in caring for the patients. Without the nurse, no one can take good care of the patient and operate the machines. Without the machines, nurses work would be hard and difficult and no laboratory examinations will be done.

Basketball

Last edited by jonrudolph_lota on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dxtineshane

dxtineshane

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:01 am

Right! High-tech machine and nurses touch are both important.. Very Happy. Both of that needs the patient.. That is why even if there's a high-tech machine that helps to monitor the patient, nurses must not leave the patient behind the machine.

-Dangan

Last edited by dxtineshane29 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ansbertumali

ansbertumali

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:59 am

So, I assume you see the essence of technology in our field?
Back to top Go down
emerlyn

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:43 am

As I read the article I can say that there is advantages and disanvantages of using or having a newly machine .One of the advantages of the automatic machine is you can easily monitor the patient because you can get it automatically by getting the result in the monitor ,the work of the nurse will be easy especially if you have many patient.but there is also a disadvantages you cannot practice your skills .Its better to get information by questioning the patient in actual so that you can stablish raport to the patient and you will gain their cooperation.As a nurse you don’t have to be dependent on the machine.The article is about nurse anesthetist s as a health care provider we have to do our responsibilities by giving the best care on the patient and right procedures that’s why, I dont agree in the idea of the article that you will fasten your work by using a machine its good because your work will be easy but the life of your patient will be critical because not all gadget are accurate in results , that’s why I preferd in getting a vital signs by getting it manually rather than to get the result of the monitor so that you will prevent discrepancy.
Also in the article there was a conversation about what are they going to do after the operation of the patient its look like they don’t know what are they doing.As a nurse before you undergo procedures you have to know what is that procedure all about.Therefore you have to use your critical thinking!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
andreanmarie

PostSubject: opinion   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:32 am

my opinion concerning about new technologies that we are using right now in our profession i could say that we should be thankful to the people who invented and made our work right now easy, because what we have right now is the result of what the people did in our past... thanks for the ever changing contentment of man..but, despite of all the new technologies that we have right now we should not always forget the importance of the word personal touch to our patient,that could promote easy recovery of our dear patient rather than the cold touch of all electrified machines..

Cool
Back to top Go down
princess

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:03 am

its depend on how you can handle your patient some of need is your care,some need is the instrument to continue medicine but need your help to guide it. machine is the modern technology for human life to help many patients. dying patients can continue their live by using instrument machine technology. flower
Back to top Go down
andreanmarie

PostSubject: take two   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:22 am

developing nursing expertise in simulation-based learning environments:

my understanding on this is that, does a nurse could develop expertise in a simulation settings environment wherein there is an advance technological set up replicating the real actual settings like we are doing in the skills laboratory...

- for some it might work, for some it may not.. it doesn't mean that if this one simulation is effective to one group it also mean that it is effective in general to all other groups or to one or two persons in particular.... and for my own opinion i believed that a person will gain more knowledge and expertise on an actual settings environment where you handle actual scenario and cases and where the collaboration of all the people involve will be more directed in pertaining goals for the patient...

why i am the only one different here Sad bounce ... did i understand the article right??? huhu
Back to top Go down
kristine

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 am

Very Happy nowadays, development of new technologies have a great impact to other field not only in the medical field. this new technologies designed to improved, also it is part of learning expertise.
Hence, this was been emphasized also as part of the collaborative learning of nurses and professionals in providing care to the patient. It also shows how this new machines shapes the life of being a professional and how it affects our learning process.
On the other hand, thinking of the disadvantage of this technologies minimizes potential and capability of working in providing care to the patient. part also of disadvantage, nurses wouldn't use their skills rather there will be a machine dependent in their work.nurses should be very responsible in providing the best care to the patient.

Though there are machines that could help us in our work. we should not forget the therapeutic touch of nurses in the restoration of the patients health. Nurses touch is also important as part of the patient needs.
Back to top Go down
dxtineshane

dxtineshane

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:43 am

Haha. I know naman the essence of technology in our field. I'm not against the tehnology that are being used in the hospital. It helps the patient, it help us, so why should i hate it. Nowadays, there are many high-tech equipment in the hands of the nurses than ever before and as the technology innovation they are still many coming to the hospital.. we should be thankful for that.. But then, technology should never replace the human touch because care practices like presence, concern are the basic human needs. And I believe, nurses who belongs to the human care services exist to serve people who needs their care, direct comfort, support, touch, attention, and trust.. I guess, without nurses care the patient would not fully recovered, mantain well-being nor survive.. So even if theres high-tech devices the nurses should give the good QUALITY CARE that the patient needs..

I know there will be coming high-tech devices to help the patient, but then.. may it not be the hindrance of the nurse to give the good quality care for the patient.. high-tech touch and nurses touch should be equal.. Very Happy

- Dangan
Back to top Go down
andreanmarie

PostSubject: take 3   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:00 am

continuation on what i have commented earlier, i am into actual settings environment in developing expertise..because u can learn a lot from actual experience, right??? but i am not really against simulation learning environment, actually it could help a lot to a nurse who want's to practice his expertise in preparation to an actual environment like we are doing in our school before our school launch us in the field,:,.. it is much more of a preparation for me...

sad Sad i am different... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
karen casuga

PostSubject: own opinion   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:48 am

As I read and understand the article that was given to our group,I can probably say that HIGH-TECH MACHINES has advantage and disadvantages to a nurse working in a hospital.

Advantage of having and using those High technology based equipments
1. It will lessen the work load of a nurse
2. I think it is more accurate
3. It will make easier and faster for the nurse to perform their job.

DisAdvantages of having and using High Technology based equipments
1. The nurses will become dependent on the machine.
2. They dont have NURSE-PATIENT INTERACTION.
3. More nurses will become lazy to do their interventions.
4. More nurses will become unemployed because of that modern technology.

Eventhough hi-tech machines will help the nurse to do the job easily,I think there is more advantages that takes place on the side of a nurses.I,as a future nurse,I prefer to do my job manually not automatically because it helps me to use my knowledge to do patient care.And as I studied,I learned that nurses must have KNOWLEDGE+SKILLS+ATTITUDE.I probably mentioned KNOWLEDGE+SKILLS but how can you apply those skills if you will only depend on the machines that was place in that area.Maybe you have those knowledge but are you sure that you have the skills even with or without those machines?So,why do you need to depend on machines if you know to your self that you can make a good nursing care even w/o those machines.I think having those hi-tech machines can only be used in some areas.For example in the laboratories,because you cannot do work in the lab without those machines.And for me it is really important to a nurse to give a tender loving care for their patients and to gain the patients cooperation and trust.
It's OKAY..WITH OR WITHOUT MACHINES..the thing is,as long as you know your patients and the interventions that must be done with it,do it with all your heart and with assurance .
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: opinion*^^*   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:01 am

As far as I concerned, the technical development has made our lives more convenient. Incurable diseases are cured by advance, prevention of all kinds of disease has made our lives more comfortable.

According to this article, New computer-based technologics effect the condition for work of professional expertise. As a nurse it gives them the opportunity to learn assessment skill and ther intervention skills and they are learning techniques to react to differnent situation and know the assessments are done quickly, tyring to work out what's going on with the patient and trying to fix through the computer-based simulations.
But there is still a lack of empirical data showing that even the use of advenced simulators supports any improvement in actual job. it must make imitary situation.
plainly speaking, machine manufactured by human being, how we can know everything even related health situation than the GOD. There are many different kind of symptoms of patient perhaps they not only technical curing but also sincere concern like as love. skills without the love can not be cured whole body of patient include mind.

But, there is a potential for developing important aspects of a nurse's work by using computer-simulations. if this skill be with nurse's sincere mind as love can improve goal which healing patient.
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: About Shane's Post   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:13 am

I agree with Shane but we must prioritize the nurses TLC than the machines because nurses are the only one who can give quality care to the patients. Machines are just there to give assistance for us nurses in taking care of our patients to make our work easier, faster, and effective.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
ansbertumali

ansbertumali

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 am

dxtineshane29 wrote:
Haha. I know naman the essence of technology in our field. I'm not against the tehnology that are being used in the hospital. It helps the patient, it help us, so why should i hate it. Nowadays, there are many high-tech equipment in the hands of the nurses than ever before and as the technology innovation they are still many coming to the hospital.. we should be thankful for that.. But then, technology should never replace the human touch because care practices like presence, concern are the basic human needs. And I believe, nurses who belongs to the human care services exist to serve people who needs their care, direct comfort, support, touch, attention, and trust.. I guess, without nurses care the patient would not fully recovered, mantain well-being nor survive.. So even if theres high-tech devices the nurses should give the good QUALITY CARE that the patient needs..

I know there will be coming high-tech devices to help the patient, but then.. may it not be the hindrance of the nurse to give the good quality care for the patient.. high-tech touch and nurses touch should be equal.. Very Happy

- Dangan

Alright! so now you get what Im trying to point out. I agree
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:32 am

Technology has it advantages and dis advantages but I do believe that TLC still the best medicine that nurses could give to their patient so even though there are lots of new invented innovation that would sustain the life of the patient, We future nurses must always put in our mind that we are not just there to operate the machine that would help to sustain the life of the patient and just do our responsibility in a sense that where just doing it because it is our task but we nurses need to learn

the real essence of taking good care of the patient for me it's not enough that you would just render
certain procedure without a heart that is concern to your patient. we should always put in our mind that technology really develops but we should not forget traditional way of taking good care of our patient because the magic touch of a nurses and your real concern for a patient could possibly help reduce the pain that they felt it not be physically but emotionally because of the disease that they had.. Tender loving care of the nurses should be always there sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Four. Post here.   Group Four. Post here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Four. Post here.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next