Strategies of Health Teaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Two. Post here.

Go down 
+20
mHaiNe
emerlyn
song,esther
maryrose
torres_geline
anjhel perono
annabel
princess
marife_remolar
margaret
dane_ako
Olaivar, Coleen
marina dato
juna broncano
mhelai
jonrudolph_lota
kristine lalic
jhen!oris
eehya
Admin
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
anjhel perono

Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: cooment to kristine lalic   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:58 am

.. CRITICAL THINKING WILL ALWAYS BE THE BASE LINE OF THE NURSES' EDUCATION, FOUNDATION, SKILLS & ABILITY IN GIVING CARE TO OUR SICK PATIENTS.
cheers
Back to top Go down
torres_geline

PostSubject: no pressure   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:03 am

no more down moments guys problem based-learning is applicable for everybody because In problem-based learning, the traditional teacher and student roles change. The students become more responsible for their learning, giving them more motivation and more feelings of accomplishment. In our profession we need to use our problem solving methods,part of it is critical thinking,by using critical thinking we can immediately provide comfort and save lives. so i think we need some changes for better learning strategy.

its better right??? no pressure
Back to top Go down
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 am

torres_geline wrote:
no more down moments guys problem based-learning is applicable for everybody because In problem-based learning, the traditional teacher and student roles change. The students become more responsible for their learning, giving them more motivation and more feelings of accomplishment. In our profession we need to use our problem solving methods,part of it is critical thinking,by using critical thinking we can immediately provide comfort and save lives. so i think we need some changes for better learning strategy.

its better right??? no pressure

absolutely right, that's what i honestly believe so Exclamation

lol!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

-LALIC
Back to top Go down
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:36 am

PROBLEM-BASED LEARNING IS THE BEST Exclamation

I love you I love you I love you

-LALIC
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:44 am

Quote :
Jhen oris wrote:
dont say that...of course we need lectures... you think you would understand all by yourself the lesson you are studying. or maybe you're thinking about the "lecture method".. if you're the kind of student who's approach doesnt need lectures. i'm proud of you..I HAVE NO NOW AGAINST WITH IT..

but you think you can use you're critical thinking WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING?.try shake up your COCONUT SHELL and let's see if there's something that would come up there. and yes it's really is depending on how they would enhance it. still ...........

PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT APPROACH IN LEARNING!. [flash][/flash]

First of all im pertaining to sentido common not a coconut shell its typographical error..
Ms. Oris there is a misunderstanding going on with us what i am trying to say is that every people in this world given this critical thinking so it depends on you on how you will enhance this sentido common. Im talking about the situational that ms.Valdez written about that injury that when in your in that particular situation you need to have a lesson first or have a review before you render intervention so why are you reacted that way?[/size]

Mrs. Valdez what if your professor doesn't able to tackle the intervention that you need to render to your patient what will you do? so eventually you will use your critical thinking to find any alternative way to lessen the pain of your patient you can ask help if you dont know yet to handles this kind of situation cause your really depending your knowledge base on the lecture that you acquired but apparently it was not discussed already so I think as simply as asking for a help is a part of the critical thinking that a certain human had.

Back to ms.Oris critical thinking has lots of meaning by simply knowing things by yourself is a critical thinking that's what I wanted to emphasize> i agree with your opinion we really need a lecture to gain additional knowledge to use our critical thinking properly.

Peace friends.....

lol!
Back to top Go down
mhelai

PostSubject: pbl.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:25 am

[/b]
,,pbl for me is a way for the student in gaining their own expertise,it gives confidence to the student to show their own opinion...with the subject matter and it helps stuident nursing to be more competitive in other country...

pbl helps the student to study hard..because they must answer the teacher,,,because for me pbl is a way of being a student centered..for example....the teacher give y0u a situition..you must answer it by yourself...to know if y0u have learn something///

baccol....
Back to top Go down
mhelai

PostSubject: ,,,   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:32 am

students really need to learn...so that we must practice pbl...[img][/img]

,,baccol...
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Problem Based Learning   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:36 am

Problem based learning will be of great help to all students especially us, nursing students. By this, it will help us improve our critical thinking that could be use in giving a quality nursing care for our patients especially when it comes to their needs and health problems.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
maryrose

maryrose

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:41 am

mhelai wrote:
jhen!oris wrote:
i agree. but i think traditional learning and problem based learning are equally important and both applied for situations.

in traditional learning when a Professor teach us with his knowledge through driven lectures some students merely absorbed this kind of learning. minsan boring para sa iba. but with the problem-based learning as you've said using of critical thinking as knowledge is acquired by learners like also having brainstorm in class. and one thing with this is in traditional learning style it includes memorization that student leads to forget, nalimutan na after ng semester (madalas ganun nanyayari). however, in problem based learning it includes problem solving skills like goal setting etc. which is good coz it includes formulating the problem.
the students are allowed to transfer knowledge to approach new problems and different situation.thus students are self-directed learners

but still there two learning techniques are equally important coz people have different approach in learning. Wink

my reply:

i don't think so that the traditional learning are more good than the problem based learning...why???because you said that traditional learning is more on lectures from the professor's and i think its a spoon feeding way...
because the professor give the papers to review..its more on memorizing many things that it can easy for the students...but in PBL it is more nice because we used our critical thinking...and PBL is one of the important things in our course,,because we can relay it in medical field..because as we soon nurses we must have a very good critical thinking so that we can serve our patient....we acn adopt this in many way in schools...like in recitation...you professor will have a surprise recitation,,,in this you don't have to study and study because you can used your critical thinking to answer his or her question....

,,,so that,,,i prefer the PROBLEM BASED LEARNING..

...>BACCOL,M.V>

RETORT:

[center]I unquestionably have the same opinion with Melanie I don’t consider that traditional learning is effective. Because the students will just rely to the professor, they would not help their selves to rummage around for a new learning. For the students to be converted into intelligent of course they should really help themselves. There will be no professional with out them, indeed but the fact that after concluding our studies we be supposed to facade the real meaning of our chosen field. We ought to situate on our own. And that we will visage in the near future. I somewhat in Problem based learning for the reason that it helps the student to stand in their own and to use it without the help of the others, God gave us the intelligent to use it, to develop it and most of all contribute it to with others without anything in return.

--BERDIN, Smile
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:59 am

I really appreciate highly my classmates coments and opinions and they will be a good and nice instructor in days to come.
but, you know guys?
it is advantage for us what we can learn from disputing of each other of classmates and also you are really freely taking . it looks different from inside the classroom infront of the teacher.

it is related to problem based learning.
as a nursing have a subject not only lecture but also have a practice .
sometimes we know what we have to answer from teacher's question.
but we didnt answer which interfere us to be a critical thinker.
Back to top Go down
emerlyn

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:43 am

As a students it’s good that many teachers are using the traditional learning because its easy for the students to understand the lectures. Its easy to review when you have note.
But as a student nurse I know that PBL is also important to a student so they can use their critical thinking for example in duty not always the C.I is there to teach the students what are you going to do , because the C.I expect that you also have an advance reading for you to have an idea about the procedure.
Traditional Learning is not always good because teachers sometimes cannot give complete information. Students should not be always dependent to teachers because to be independent sometimes is good you can learn in your own
Back to top Go down
mHaiNe

mHaiNe

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:52 am

song,esther wrote:
I really appreciate highly my classmates coments and opinions and they will be a good and nice instructor in days to come.
but, you know guys?
it is advantage for us what we can learn from disputing of each other of classmates and also you are really freely taking . it looks different from inside the classroom infront of the teacher.

it is related to problem based learning.
as a nursing have a subject not only lecture but also have a practice .
sometimes we know what we have to answer from teacher's question.
but we didnt answer which interfere us to be a critical thinker.

ate esther is absolutely right...... we need to have interaction between our classmates to have more ideas...

-Espiritu
Back to top Go down
mHaiNe

mHaiNe

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:57 am

emerlyn wrote:
As a students it’s good that many teachers are using the traditional learning because its easy for the students to understand the lectures. Its easy to review when you have note.
But as a student nurse I know that PBL is also important to a student so they can use their critical thinking for example in duty not always the C.I is there to teach the students what are you going to do , because the C.I expect that you also have an advance reading for you to have an idea about the procedure.
Traditional Learning is not always good because teachers sometimes cannot give complete information. Students should not be always dependent to teachers because to be independent sometimes is good you can learn in your own

but i think traditional learning is much effective than other.. nurses must have a good critical thinking...
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:02 am

Olaivar, Coleen wrote:
Quote :
Jhen oris wrote:
dont say that...of course we need lectures... you think you would understand all by yourself the lesson you are studying. or maybe you're thinking about the "lecture method".. if you're the kind of student who's approach doesnt need lectures. i'm proud of you..I HAVE NO NOW AGAINST WITH IT..

but you think you can use you're critical thinking WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING?.try shake up your COCONUT SHELL and let's see if there's something that would come up there. and yes it's really is depending on how they would enhance it. still ...........

PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT APPROACH IN LEARNING!. [flash][/flash]

First of all im pertaining to sentido common not a coconut shell its typographical error..
Ms. Oris there is a misunderstanding going on with us what i am trying to say is that every people in this world given this critical thinking so it depends on you on how you will enhance this sentido common. Im talking about the situational that ms.Valdez written about that injury that when in your in that particular situation you need to have a lesson first or have a review before you render intervention so why are you reacted that way?[/size]

Mrs. Valdez what if your professor doesn't able to tackle the intervention that you need to render to your patient what will you do? so eventually you will use your critical thinking to find any alternative way to lessen the pain of your patient you can ask help if you dont know yet to handles this kind of situation cause your really depending your knowledge base on the lecture that you acquired but apparently it was not discussed already so I think as simply as asking for a help is a part of the critical thinking that a certain human had.

Back to ms.Oris critical thinking has lots of meaning by simply knowing things by yourself is a critical thinking that's what I wanted to emphasize> i agree with your opinion we really need a lecture to gain additional knowledge to use our critical thinking properly.

Peace friends.....

lol!

you should be at least be specific on your post. that's why we have this kind of misunderstanding because you didn't specified what you really mean.

there's nothing wrong if i reacted that way earlier . this is a forum and everbody's opinion is in the click of their hands to share what they want to share..I'M JUST STATING THE FACT

no personal . nothing at all I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
dxtineshane

dxtineshane

PostSubject: .....   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:13 am

olaivar vs. oris? Hahaha

Very Happy In traditional, the teacher evaluates and guide his/her students ability. but sometimes it depends to the students and teachers.. because even if how hard the students try to understand the lesson if the lecturer/teacher was not good in explaining the topic, its useless.. The teacher should deliver/explain the topic very well.. To be an effective teacher, he/she should be a GOOD SPEAKER/LECTURER. It should be lively to gain the interests o the students..

Very Happy In PBL, it provides a flexible learning process, enabling students to decide and prioritise their own learning agenda. It gives students a chance to draw on their own experiential knowledge, and allows them to reflect on the very process of their own thinking and meaning-making. It can make them more goal-oriented, seeing their work in a larger perspective, and is an excellent introduction to the research process. In PBL one is allowed to make mistakes and learn from them. Finally, group interaction enables individuals to see the many perspectives on a problem. All of these are valuable professional and team-working skills for life beyond school. But it also has a diadvantage, students are no longer given the “answers”, and this can require a change in attitude and mind-set.

Very Happy Traditional is effective.. we've been using traditional learning for many years.. and many professionals and successful people of today came from the traditional method of learning.. so, its proven effective.. do i have a sense? Shocked
PBL is also effective in the sense that it enhances the critical thinking of the students.. also it is one of the factor why many people became successful and professional because of there critical thinking..

Last edited by dxtineshane29 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:32 am

dxtineshane29 wrote:
olaivar vs. oris? Hahaha

Traditional is effective.. we've been using traditional learning for many years.. and many professionals and successful people of today came from the traditional method of learning.. so, its proven effective.. do i have a sense? Shocked

haha!. no... .. still friends ..no arguing or something.

i agree .. traditional learning really is effective. *tinatamad na ko i-defend ..wala na kong blood pra i-nosebleed ko pa.
Back to top Go down
russel

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:40 am

Problem based learning

In school we are task to do report, projects, home works, etc., do we all know the reason of giving such contractual obligation? I suppose it as a way of learning in our own method it also helps students to do their work without too much supervision of your instructor; I believe everybody would agree that the presence of our instructors somehow affects our way of thinking because we feel the pressure. Doing home works, projects and report can in some way enhances our buoyancy, why did I say so. Most probably, it is because you would think that what you have answered and done is the correct one.
Back to top Go down
april

april

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:46 am

russel wrote:
Problem based learning

In school we are task to do report, projects, home works, etc., do we all know the reason of giving such contractual obligation? I suppose it as a way of learning in our own method it also helps students to do their work without too much supervision of your instructor; I believe everybody would agree that the presence of our instructors somehow affects our way of thinking because we feel the pressure. Doing home works, projects and report can in some way enhances our buoyancy, why did I say so. Most probably, it is because you would think that what you have answered and done is the correct one.

words from an opinionated by stander....
hahhahaha...
bakit may gumagalang group3 dito!?
Back to top Go down
jhonrigil bengan

PostSubject: lols...   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:49 am

both are just desame as long as na natutu ang student.. so why dont practice both.. we have different kind of learning ryt!!!!???

Sleep sleepy sucks!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Two. Post here.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3