Strategies of Health Teaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group Two. Post here.

Go down 
+20
mHaiNe
emerlyn
song,esther
maryrose
torres_geline
anjhel perono
annabel
princess
marife_remolar
margaret
dane_ako
Olaivar, Coleen
marina dato
juna broncano
mhelai
jonrudolph_lota
kristine lalic
jhen!oris
eehya
Admin
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mhelai

Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: problem based learning   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:32 am

for me problem based learning helps student nurses t0 used their own konwledge or by easily used their critical thinking..like in making a rationale,,,its up to the nurses what are their explanation by doing that procedure
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil alien alien alien
Back to top Go down
mhelai

PostSubject: which y0u prefer???pbl or traditional???   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:33 am

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Back to top Go down
mhelai

PostSubject: ,,,   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:37 am

pbl is the best learning strategies!!!!

,,,because the students have a right to do what they want and they can say what they want...by expressing their brilliant opinion....its a way in gaining a new knowledge and it helps the students to have a trust in their answer...and it is more challengable to us to used are critical thinking..

...arriba PBL!!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

,,,baccol,m.v
Back to top Go down
margaret

PostSubject: problem-based learning   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Every student must possess a critical thinking ability. memorization of the lectures (being taught on a classroom setting) would not give you the concrete answers in solving a situational problem.
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: problem based   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:50 pm

unlike in traditional learning which usually spoon-feeding the students with lectures, lesson etc.., the problem based learning helps in enhancing the student's critical thinking. students are trained to be independent and to rely on their own...
Back to top Go down
princess

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:53 pm

yap...your correct but i think we need first the lecture,how will you use your critical thinking if you dont know the lesson.yap..no need to memorize but you need to understand, and after that use your critical thinking.

pens...freinds 4 ever pale
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 pm

my reply:

i don't think so that the traditional learning are more good than the problem based learning...why???because you said that traditional learning is more on lectures from the professor's and i think its a spoon feeding way...
because the professor give the papers to review..its more on memorizing many things that it can easy for the students...but in PBL it is more nice because we used our critical thinking...and PBL is one of the important things in our course,,because we can relay it in medical field..because as we soon nurses we must have a very good critical thinking so that we can serve our patient....we acn adopt this in many way in schools...like in recitation...you professor will have a surprise recitation,,,in this you don't have to study and study because you can used your critical thinking to answer his or her question....

,,,so that,,,i prefer the PROBLEM BASED LEARNING..

...>BACCOL,M.V>[/quote]

well..I DIDNT SAY THAT TL IS BETTER THAN PBL....

as far AS I REMEMBER the thing i've said was "these two learning techniques are equally
important"..coz PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT APPROACH IN LEARNING ..
you think PBL is more good than TL. okay i have no against for that. coz for me i think PBL is also more good in terms of learning..but to think for others how about those students who are SLOW-LEARNERS or more dependent in TL coz that's where they are good at,, i mean that's the kind of approach in which they think they will learn easily. .. that's why i've stated they're both important because PEOPLE DONT HAVE THE SAME APPROACH IN LEARNING

you see we have different opinions about this two learning methods. WE JUST NEED TO UNDERSTAND first before we comment on the side we're contrary of.

again* i'm sorry if i have wrong grammars. human error ... lol!
Back to top Go down
annabel

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:25 pm

for me, traditional learning is like a spoon feeding learning because all of what the teacher discuss in front you need to listen you need to write in your notebook the importance of the discussion after that you have a quiz you need to review your notes to have a good score in the quiz.. while in problem based learning you will use your critical thinking in solving the problem that is given to you. even if the answer is correct but there still a correct answer or the best answer is correct. you will need to apply your critical thinking in every problem..

To: princess,,\

not all critical thinking is depends on the lecture.. OK!! Laughing lol!
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:28 pm

princess wrote:
yap...your correct but i think we need first the lecture,how will you use your critical thinking if you dont know the lesson.yap..no need to memorize but you need to understand, and after that use your critical thinking.

pens...freinds 4 ever pale

we can use critical thinking even through advance studying.. you see if we have our own advance study before the lecture we can also use this what so called CRITICAL THINKING. because we are trying to modify and understand the problem.

DO YOU THINK THERE IS MEMORIZATION IN CRITICAL THINKING?!!.
lol! [b][i]
Back to top Go down
margaret

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:31 pm

common sense. knowledge is vital for each of everyone of us. my point is you cannot take the appropriate actions in solving a situational problem by just simply relying to your knowledge without using your critical thinking.

friends 4ever!!!!
(don't take it seriously)
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:31 pm

ive just said that because it's obvious that there is no need of memorization...

NO NEED TO TELL US..

lol! peace! "friends"<<< that's the correct spelling pens hahahah!!! watch out
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Kristine wrote:
Not all people have strategies that will help them get a job. Be PRACTICAL we must know that our grades serves as an evaluation of what we have learn.. Our professors rate us on how they think we perform..(I'm talking about FRESH GRADUATES here..)

For example you have a grade of 5??? Do you still depend on your miraculous strategies???

Yeah, because they are destined to become successful nurses, but a lot of them succeed because they did well in school and they strive hard to pass the board...

Wait you reacted so much. I just share my opinion about the debate between you and lota that high grades that Mr.lota is talking about and I know there was a misunderstanding between the forum that you have been posted lately. Now Let me share again my opinion

Yah! I know grade serves as an evaluation of what we have learn and we really need a good grades or as much as a high grades to get a good job in the future but reality check not all fresh graduates who has a good and high grades are able to get a job easily base on their grades it always depend on their strategy on how they could get a job.

Take not all people who had a grade of 5 will be hopeless and wont get a job in the future and it is not base if he or she is destined to be a nurse in the future because we are the one who is making our destiny.Is that just it is so unfair for those people who strive hard to get a good grades but in the end there effort would be useless because they get a grade 5 there are people who experience this thing. You are right that people need to excel in school to get a job.I wont dis agree with that taught but the most important thing ,you should have your own strategy besides from the good grades that you have. I heard from one of our professor it is not important the grades that you have but the knowledge that you gain that you can apply in your future profession.
Ok Debate is enough..he!3x..nose bleed..I cant express my real taught

I agree with the problem based learning because the student critical thinking will be enhance when a certain problem situation will be given to them. No one will dictate them on how they could find the answer or solution to their problem and it will taught the student to be independent unlike TL. the student is always guided by the teacher so we future nurses must follow this kind of learning because it will enhance our critical thinking...

Peace............. lol!
Back to top Go down
annabel

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:40 pm

Of course you do not use memorization in critical thinking because memorization is use in enumeration!! Razz

critical thinking is using your coconut sHELL!!!

PEACE!!GHIEEEe

I love you
Back to top Go down
princess

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:42 pm

im not telling you to review and wrote your notes, my point is understand the topic and apply it, how will you use your critical thinking if you dont know how to apply. example you have a injured pt. you have to assess the pt. base on the lesson that you learn with critical thinking.

to maale tongue
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 pm

Princess wrote:

We dont need lecture to gain this critical thinking of us because every people in this world was given a mind that know what is critical thinking or they call it as "sentido common" in tagalog..and it depends on a people on how they could enhance it and use it appropriately so we dont need a lecture to use this critical thinking that we had because everyday in our life we use this critical thinking.

Last edited by Olaivar, Coleen on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
princess

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:49 pm

yap... you got it mrs. oris thats my point, even though you have critical thinking but you need to understand the things that your applying to your pt.
correct correct... bounce
Back to top Go down
annabel

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Sorry not only enumeration is in memorization,, there are identification, multiple choice, etc.. in is all about your notes..Ok hahaha

-stop blaming me!!!- Very Happy bounce
ok back to reality.. I'm losing..
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 pm

princess wrote:
yap... you got it mrs. oris thats my point, even though you have critical thinking but you need to understand the things that your applying to your pt.
correct correct... bounce

first of all... i am not married for you to call me "MRS."...how dare you... affraid

but it's ok at least through this we are sharing our thoughts in this forum.

WE LEARN, WE ARE CORRECTED, WE ACCEPT........
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:55 pm

.Every people has the ability to use this critical thinking and it depends on a certain people on how they would apply it base on the situational problem we might encounter..

Last edited by Olaivar, Coleen on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annabel

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:56 pm

princess wrote:
im not telling you to review and wrote your notes, my point is understand the topic and apply it, how will you use your critical thinking if you dont know how to apply. example you have a injured pt. you have to assess the pt. base on the lesson that you learn with critical thinking.

to maale tongue

Isnt applying is same as using your critical thinking............... lesson are made to served as our baseline........ms. valdez pig
Back to top Go down
princess

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:00 am

mrs. olaivar you have a point, but i mean is how will you apply your critical thinking if you dont know how to do it. alien
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:03 am

Olaivar, Coleen wrote:
Princess wrote:

We dont need lecture to gain this critical thinking of us because every people in this world was given a mind that know what is critical thinking or they call it as "coconut shell" in tagalog..and it depends on a people on how they could enhance it and use it appropriately so we dont need a lecture to use this critical thinking that we had because everyday in our life we use this critical thinking.

dont say that...of course we need lectures... you think you would understand all by yourself the lesson you are studying. or maybe you're thinking about the "lecture method".. if you're the kind of student who's approach doesnt need lectures. i'm proud of you..I HAVE NO NOW AGAINST WITH IT..

but you think you can use you're critical thinking WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING?.try shake up your COCONUT SHELL and let's see if there's something that would come up there. and yes it's really is depending on how they would enhance it. still ...........

PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT APPROACH IN LEARNING!.

Back to top Go down
princess

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:08 am

ohh.. maale you didnt get my point. i didnt tell you not to use your critical thinking. cyclops
Back to top Go down
anjhel perono

PostSubject: problem based learning   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:41 am

.. PROBLEM BASED LEARNING educates students by using their critical thinking in ways to solve the problem given.
.. if we, students will always relay on the TRADITIONAL LEARNING, of course we'll learn..in a SPOON FEEDING WAY. lecturers will have to give us first what to study, give lectures on class hours..& others.but if we were practicing the PBL, we can also practice how CRITICAL THINKING REALLY WORKS FOR STUDENTS LIKE US..giving rationale for every intervention that we've done to our patient as we do it.we can also rationalize every questions that every panelists ask every time we have our case presentation. study
Back to top Go down
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:38 am

well, i really like the PROBLEM-BASED LEARNING. In our field, it is important.

so guys, lets practice CRITICAL THINKING. haha. Very Happy sunny cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Group Two. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group Two. Post here.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next