Strategies of Health Teaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Group One. Post here.

Go down 
+18
anjhel perono
song,esther
mHaiNe
darkdrei
erika
Louie Lota
margaret
kristine lalic
Olaivar, Coleen
annabel
lourdessomera13
princess
jonrudolph_lota
jhen!oris
marife_remolar
dxtineshane
ansbertumali
Admin
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:04 am

TO ALL: Each type of instruction has its own advantage and disadvantage. Now, what would be the advantages of the Online-Education to students? And what type of students would be most benefited from Online Education?

TO MR. L. LOTA: If a student copied and pasted a particular topic, then that is not a research. Now, it will be a student factor.
Back to top Go down
https://ccpcon-she.forumotion.net
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: i disagree with ansbert   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 am

Ehem! Ehem! Ehem!

Harvard University offers Online Education for those people who are BUSY. Because in an Online Education the students will exert less effort than the Traditional Learning.

There such thing as activities online but in our field do you think it's favorable??? Nurses in hospital does not use computer. There is no situation that we can cure patients online and make use of equipment online right?.. knock knock.. Our patient is not living in a computer... We by nature live in a world that a physical communication is a must. For example TLC is not given through internet or by the use of computer it is given by showing affection PERSONALLY!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
margaret

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:08 am

online education doesn't provide physical activity to its learners..sitting in front of a computer for hours? statistics show that cases of childhood obesity have tripled in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain, causing the World Health Organization to classify the problem as epidemic. Fifteen percent of children and adolescents in the United States are obese or overweight, and run the real risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, and other serious health conditions in adulthood. one of the reason? Lack of exercise.
Back to top Go down
erika

PostSubject: rush! rush!   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:14 am

Traditional or online education?????

I choose online education or also known as distance education. It is becoming a more vital part of the higher education. Many universities and colleges offer this courses, online education reaches a broader student audience, better addresses student needs, saves money, and more importantly uses the principles of modern learning strategies.

flower

-Miralles, EL pig pig pig
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Advantages Of Online Education   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:14 am

Maybe the advantages of this kind of learning is it is an easy access, more informations with regards to the topic, and of course, this would help the students to adapt in high-tech era we have now. And the disadvantages of this, can students afford with this type of education? Maybe some of students. And with regards to the question of Ansbert post, this could not be applicable here in Philippines, maybe only here in Metro Manila and other parts of the Philippines, because some can't afford this kind of education, and we all know that our country is suffering from poverty.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
Louie Lota

Louie Lota

PostSubject: hmmmmmm........   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:17 am

Sir i agree...

But online education has revolutionized the way of learning today. All over the world. But
Many fine online education way more easier then traditional education. For information is just
a type a way.

But for me i think the online education has really improved the education today and saved the time
and effort of the students. Though using books are still the number 1 way to research and get information.
I would have to say both methods are applicable to every student. But it would depend on what best
suites your attitude. If you want easy assess internet. if you have the time and patience then books.

But look at it this way if your using online education. Tendency you might check your friendster or whatever
account you own in which would distract you from your research. But when your in the library you can concentrate
and focus upon what you have to get done and in the end feel the sense of fulfillment.....
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:22 am

it has lot of advantages such as an easy research but it teach the student to be lazy so I merely dis agree with this online education.Like ms. macahito posted it can make a person obese and gaining weight because of this kind of way of teaching is a sign of laziness. I still want traditional way of teaching a face to face contact with instructor that would help me motivate to study..
Back to top Go down
darkdrei

darkdrei

PostSubject: all gone   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 am

We must not depend on technology per se, what if the technology stops??

What now?

affraid
Back to top Go down
darkdrei

darkdrei

PostSubject: WALL-E   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:33 am

Who watch this movie?

I believe this would be a good example on what will happen to us if we depend 100% on technology. The last part of the movie shows that even if we had technology, we must not forget that we have to be independent individual and considered the technology as a secondary option.
Back to top Go down
ansbertumali

ansbertumali

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 am

kristine lalic wrote:
Ehem! Ehem! Ehem!

Harvard University offers Online Education for those people who are BUSY. Because in an Online Education the students will exert less effort than the Traditional Learning.

There such thing as activities online but in our field do you think it's favorable??? Nurses in hospital does not use computer. There is no situation that we can cure patients online and make use of equipment online right?.. knock knock.. Our patient is not living in a computer... We by nature live in a world that a physical communication is a must. For example TLC is not given through internet or by the use of computer it is given by showing affection PERSONALLY!!!

cheers cheers cheers

Well, Let me enlighten you... Nurses in the hospital uses computers, it just so happen that the hospitals that we were exposed to does not have computers...

You are very much mistaken by your second point. There is a situation where we can cure a patient online, have you ever heard of this?

http://www.manbir-online.com/news/remote-surgery.htm

Yes, our patient does not live in a computer. That's obvious I don't know why you even brought that up, I never implied on a patient being in a computer.
Back to top Go down
ansbertumali

ansbertumali

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:42 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
Hahahaha..So you mean that this is an activity? Well I agree with you. This is an activity, maybe I am after for the grade that is why, meaning laziness. Hahahaha..I'm participating because of the grade and I always feel lazy whenever I'm doing online activities. But I have to be honest with you that I do enjoying right now and I don't know why. Hahahaha..Well, I want to thank Sir Kalaw for this activity.

Basketball

I'm glad you see my point...
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Ansbert And Kristine's Post   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:47 am

I think hospitals here in the Philippines were not a computer-based hospital to care for the patients. Maybe only some were computer-based but in other countries, most of their hospitals there were computer-based.

I think that both of you Ansbert and Kristine were correct but you must site on your post what hospital are you two referring to, hospitals here in Philippines or in other countries?

lol!
Back to top Go down
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 am

In reality here in the PHILIPPINES... not all patients are cured online and most of the hospitals here have computers for transactions and not for their nurses to use it.
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: Advan & bene   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:06 am

advantages of online education?

online education saves time, effort and somehow money...it much more convenient for students since they are not expected to go school anymore...

students whenever they are confuse of a certain topic, students can easily browse the net, students become independent... they learn on their own....

benefited?

students that have courses that does not need an actual experiences unlike those in medical fields.. those that are computer-related persons.....

everybody can go online education, but i think it will work better to students that are self-reliant and independent....

-REMOLAR : Arrow

Last edited by marife_remolar on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Marife's Post   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:41 pm

marife_remolar wrote:

online education saves time, effort and somehow money...it much more convenient for students since they are not expected to go school anymore...

students whenever they are confuse of a certain topic, students can easily browse the net, students become independent... they learn on their own....

benefited?

students that have courses that does not need an actual experiences such as those in medical fields.. those that are computer-related persons.....

everybody can go online education, but i think it will work better to students that are self-reliant and independent....

How come that those students in medical fields does not need an actual experiences?

Basketball
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:27 pm

its a misunderstanding.. i mean courses that do not need actual experiences unlike in medical fields....
Back to top Go down
jonrudolph_lota

jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Marife's Post   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:31 am

Oh I see..So what do you mean is those who are studying computer courses, and other courses that doesn't need actual learning experiences are the one who are applicable in online education?

Basketball
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:40 am

they are the ones that will greatly benefit online education.........
Back to top Go down
mHaiNe

mHaiNe

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:10 am

i'd rather choose Traditional Learning, because I understand lesson more and it explain the lessons well.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:06 am

There is no harm in having an online education but traditional way of learning is still the most effective way to transmit a certain knowledge to a student..
Back to top Go down
jhen!oris

jhen!oris

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:19 am

Olaivar, Coleen wrote:
it has lot of advantages such as an easy research but it teach the student to be lazy so I merely dis agree with this online education.Like ms. macahito posted it can make a person obese and gaining weight because of this kind of way of teaching is a sign of laziness. I still want traditional way of teaching a face to face contact with instructor that would help me motivate to study..

ONLINE EDUCATION..TEACH THE STUDENT TO BE LAZY??!. com'on
dont you think it's in the student??

it's always depends on the student's determination if he/she really wants to learn
you think students that are in traditional learning dont have this kind of "LAZY ALERT!?"

but i'm not saying that i am favor of ONLINE EDUCATION.
Back to top Go down
song,esther

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:05 am

I already read our classmate's comments and article. even if there are nothing wrong answer regarding method of between traditional education and online education, in my opinion, online education is better than traditional education.

In my cases, when i was junior for prepared academic aptitude test i used to online education programm. It was really affectable because i could choose education program as my level and as my schedule that is why it helped to me for reviewing and preparating of advenced class.

But online education must be performed, It depends on the technological situations in the country or city. other classmate have mentioned about it.

Education method is important to students as well as willingness for learning and attitude is important.
Back to top Go down
kristine lalic

kristine lalic

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:50 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
marife_remolar wrote:

benefited?

students that have courses that does not need an actual experiences such as those in medical fields.. those that are computer-related persons.....

How come that those students in medical fields does not need an actual experiences?

Basketball

i agree with rudolph, how come? justify your answer. Exclamation (peace)

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anjhel perono

PostSubject: online learning   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:53 am

.. i do even believe that learning experience is in more help than the subject written above in regards to student learning & knowledge. yes, we can't erase nor ignore the fact that INTERNET helps us in many ways to do our home works.. projects.. research paper.. & even in doing our case presentation. but we should understand that some how, internet is also a huge hindrance in studying.
.. why..?? it can be evidenced by ALL THE STUDENTS PLAYING ON-LINE GAMES DURING SCHOOL HOURS.these are the students who also spends more time in gaming than holding & reading their books.prioritizing gaming scores & levels rather than on their grades.
.. ADDICT PLAYERS OF ON-LINE GAMING ARE SUBJECTED TO BE UNHEALTHY.
.. why..?? many research studies show that a person, particularly the children & young adults, are unhealthy, effortless student, prone to acquire disease such as carpal's disease because they prefer to face the computer all day long rather than playing physical games, e.g. piko, patintero, mataya-taya. because of this reason, they cannot burn the calories & fats that their body needs which came from the food they ate. because of this, they become obese..lazy to do physical works.. & tends to be always absent from their class.

.. we students can learn from different forms of learning strategies.BUT we should stay in mind that DISCIPLINE is also a big great help to have knowledge.
Back to top Go down
marife_remolar

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:16 am

i'm in favor in the traditional way of learning, since i've grown up and have used to this kind of system... but it is not a sin in trying new things like online education,,,,

to jula... please read my reply to rudolph since i have already corrected it............ king
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Group One. Post here. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Group One. Post here.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next