This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Group One. Post here.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Group One. Post here.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:26 am

Group One, please post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccpcon-she.forumotion.net
ansbertumali

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Enhancing Social Interaction in Computer-Mediated Distance Education   Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 am

It's already 7:00 pm... Deadline for this is at 9:00pm today...

Surprisingly, only 10% of the class posted. 2 hours remaining...

I mentioned that because this article is talking about computer mediated discussions, which is what we are actually doing right now.

First issue that needs to be addressed here is the timely posting of ideas from students, it is already evident that this system is not working ( at least for now ). I was hoping that I would have the chance to reply to some of your ideas but with 2 hours remaining, I will have to kiss that idea good bye. I have more comments on my facebook account that I replied to in the past 3 hours than this forum, it is ironic because I also replied to my classmate's on facebook.

Well, one could always debate the lack of internet connection as the reason for the delayed posting or unwanted expense on an internet cafe.

Second issue is on interaction, with computers I see text, I see avatars, I can see a pixelized image on a web cam, but I can never feel a hand shake or a pat on the back followed by a voice telling you "job well done". That raw emotion of joy and sadness is confined to a screen but if we are talking about interaction that's fine because we interacted through a device (a screen), well that's obvious. Some would argue that this form of learning depends on the person, a person who wants to be interacted upon or to be interacted to and by what form.

Do you guys think that this will be effective in the Philippines? Online education? online interaction? Let's make a discussion that will be fitting for our country's economic status and educational traditions.

If you say yes, then include the human factor in your post.

If you say no, then please justify the additional expense needed to be constantly online.

Kudos to sir... Open learning is so satisfying...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dxtineshane

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 27

PostSubject: online leaning? traditional learning? which is which?   Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 am

Ahm, I think.... Nowadays, we can't stop the fact that techonological innovation really helps the humankind to make their life better, easier, and quicker. The rapidness of development is so impressive. From e-mail to on-line classes, computers are definitely influential in our lives. But, online education isn't for everyone. Just as some students aren't successful with traditional learning, some are not good candidates for online learning.

I guess the major disadvantage of online education is it lack of interaction. Well in my case, I understand the lesson if it is hands-on. And if I can hear questions and discussions. In online education, you work on your own, you manage your own time and the learning activities are held over the net and lacks of face to face contact and social interaction. While in traditional learning, you have to come to school on time, you don't work on your own, you learn together with your classmates and teachers--- a "real people" by your side whom you can share your knowledge and to where you can gain new knowledge.

Well, students needs self-disciplined.. Students needs to manage their time and fit the learning obligations with their daily schedule. Students are indepedent that often includes by doing an assignment, paperworks, projects, etc., but students should feel confident also in using computers in order to take full advantage of their studying.

As they say, "Every students has to satisfy technology requirement."

Oh, what i heard in online education, they'll get certifcate without geting knowledge. I don't know if it is true.


- Dangan


Last edited by dxtineshane29 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marife_remolar



Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: STRAT---reaction   Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:17 am

Technology has improved the life of human. An example: from handwritten letter to e-mail, from books to computer. Nowadays, its offer different ways in which an individual can learn. It also leads to the development of online education. Online education does uphold convenience and efficiency in learning but it lacks of social interaction.

Since we have grew-up in way of learning that a student and teacher interacts with each other personally, having this kind of learning makes it a little harder since we have been accustomed to learning by discussion or by lecturing. Having computer have helped us to have advantage in learning but is it much more interesting to share what you have they learn and opinions with others personally. Every individual is unique, this form of learning will not have the same results all over.

Whether or not it is online or traditional, it is still up to the students if they want to learn or not.


>>> REMOLAR, MARIFE P.Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhen!oris

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:59 am

i am not really good at this. so as early as from now i am telling to you guys SORRY IF THERE WOULD BE WRONG GRAMMARS i'm only human.

so. about the topic. i can never deny that technology really is a big help to humankind. but with the classroom setting vs online class setting there is a big difference in here, first the responsibility of student in reality some students really do this when a student doesnt have an assignment or absent in class there is a face to face interaction with the professor explaining what is the reason behind of absentees and lack of assignments however in educational online class there is no student-teacher face to face meet, an online student can never see his/her professor face to face and still the student will have a time to make his/her assignments and study for an upcoming quiz which in classroom setting we really cannot have time when it is time (an usual happened when there is an upcoming test sometimes lead to on the spot studying). Also in classroom setting the another thing advantage of it is the hands-on learning of the students (such as nursing right?) i've heard that in couses with hands on experience where it includes training, online students didnt get that kind of internships in their education online, another thing is with the classroom setting there is person to person interaction which can create a better relationship with individual and personal access with the professor unlike with the online class you can only meet individuals through this chats,IM's,email though this is a potential to meet friends worldwide

but i guess online class setting and classroom setting are both requires the stdent's responsibility as well as in his/her determination to succeed in the future.. it's not about the technology whatever......it's in the student's determination


by: Jenny Oris flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 28
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: I Agree With Shane   Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 am

Nice post Shane!

Online education will not be very effective as it is because some of the learners were not that good about computer matters. An example of this is in our province, where students are not familiar about the computer and instead of using computer or online education, students in our province were used to lectures and discussions. I agree that it is better to have a hands-on learning experiences than have it online because there is nothing better than social interaction in person. For example, return demonstration of any nursing procedures, it should be perform in person and it is not applicable online.

I also agree with what Marife has said in her post that it is really up to the student. Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dxtineshane

avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2009-09-03
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:54 am

Some people loves online education because it eliminate to attend the classes. They manage their time esp. if there are given a work to do, they are allowed to finish it anytime of the day.. Also people who are less talkative love it..

In traditional? Students are not allowed not to come to school.. They have their teachers who evaluates the learning ability of the students.. They need to passed the requirement on time, they have lectures, return demonstrations, quizzes, exams, and the like.. The student has a face-to-face contact with their instructor.. they are being guided from right and wrong.. the teacher allow his students to have a hands-on experience which is proven effective esp. on medical field..

For me, i learned through experience.. Just like if we had a duty I understand and appreciated our lectures..

online education or traditional education? which is which?

It really depends on you! cheers



- Dangan


Last edited by dxtineshane29 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 28
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: I Go With The Traditional Ways Of Learning   Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:58 am

Traditional or online education?

I chose traditional education which is lectures, discussions, and a face-to-face interaction between the learners and teacher because this kind of education is where we will appreciate learning more than online education. And why? Because it is all about hardwork, determination, motivation, willingness, and discipline for the learners be able to passed, and aspects that should be consider to become a successful professionals someday. On the other hand, online education for me is all about laziness and that would not be helpful for the learners become a better man, and professionals someday.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
princess



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:24 am

on my opinion modern technology is good for human life for now because make it easy to work for student. have two different one is for have professor or teacher they can teach you actual by learn not like by computer,you can study by yourself that's the second different, but for many people they can make easy to do there job as well they can communicate study by using computer,student need to research their subject its easy to communicate by using email you can also see and talk to good communication for your family in far away...
by using these online interaction you will learn more and get a new idea,these can enhance your own ability flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lourdessomera13



Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Enhancing Social Interaction in Computer-Mediated Distance Education   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:51 am

Education is very important to us. For me, if we have this kind of educational program, students will not be encountering any problems when it comes to dicussion and activities. Because anytime we, students, can contact our professors to ask anything regarding a topic.

Students will give much effort studying, because it is the only way they can learn. This kind of procedure is teacher-learner-centered. Because the students are the ones who decides if they want to participate or not and ring the teacher if he/she needs some help. And the teacher are the ones who makes the activities and helps the learners via computer. A teacher who will do this kind of procedure must be knowledgeable in dealing with gadgets and creative when doing such activites to atract the students to do well on their online-education. Teacher should always have time, so that whenever the learners ask for help the teacher can answer it as soon as possible.

I am favor with this kind of procedure, because this will give us,students, more time to answer whatever activites our professors may give. The only disadvantage of this kind of procedure is whenever the professor may give an online-examination, the teacher cannot monitor if the learners cheats or not.

Somera, L. (9-05-09)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annabel



Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Annabel's Reaction   Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:35 am

[/b]My reaction about the article that I read. I do not agree about the on-line education. Some educators have a different potentials about learning, some may agree in this type of education but some are not because they want a traditional face to face interactions from their professors and their classmates. They want to have an education with the use chalks and blackboard, the professor who is talking in front and our classmates that are participating in the discussion. The difference of the on-line discussion is a computer-mediated studies all the courses that we like is their we have a choice to choose our subjects. In graduate education thay are using a forum to have an interactions the participants inside you have to use your knowledge in answering the question of your classmates on line. The advantage of online education is you have an interaction to the person who posted a reaction on that site.you earn knowledge in debating the other company........!!! santa lol!

:NOSEBLEED!!!!



FROM:MS. MAALE,ANNABEL P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olaivar, Coleen



Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Traditional way of teaching parin...   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:51 am

Distance learning education is a online classes wherein it promotes social interaction through computer mediated discussion between the student and the instructor my perception about this discussion it is effective in a sense that student could post their idea and reaction about the topic and they can update it anytime thy want and there critical thinking would be enhance because of the challenge that it had to think what is the best answer to a certain discussion. This Computer mediated distance education had its advantages and disadvantages. It is advantageous in a sense that it is accessible anytime and no one will forbid you to voice out our opinion and share it with other people and you well learn lots of thing and new ideas because it is interactive discussion. Even though it has lot of advantages, I disagree that it enhance social interaction because for me it promotes social isolation because you can’t mingle with your classmate personally and for me you can learn a lot when your in a classroom and you are following a lecture method and I think personal interaction with your classmate and especially you’re your instructor would help you a lot to determine your weaknesses in a certain discussion and your instructor could easily identify if you had understand the discussion that they conduct in a classroom so they could easily help you to catch up rather than an online discussion that student might be ashamed to ask question because it’s online base and I think it’s much more effective to have personal interaction with your instructor because you can easily approach them after the discussion rather than online because your instructor might ignore you because they are busy or doing something online discussion is accessible but sometimes it depends on the moderator on how this thing would be successful. The only thing that, I want to emphasize with this article as years pass b different innovation was introduced to us which is accessible and main purpose is for easy understanding of the student but for me traditional way of teaching is the best way to transmit knowledge because there is personal interaction with your instructor and classmates and we are into it with this kind of teaching and proven to be effective because if not no one will be a good educator even though it is not accessible anytime, I do believe that your instructor would really give his/her time to help you catch up and teach you again with your weaknesses in there discussion but just approach them properly and you could also ask help to your friends to share there knowledge with you cause I believe personal interaction will effectively enhance your social interaction and knowledge with other people that is one of the many benefits you will gain from traditional way of teaching. Online interactive would also give you new knowledge but for me books is still the best way to read for you to have a better and good knowledge about something you want to know…
Go traditional way of teaching…he!3x cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 28
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: About Online Education   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:02 am

Online education is a lazy tactic kind of teaching the students and it would develop laziness for the students. In this way, students might become an ineffective and not productive professionals someday. So it is better to have the traditional education for the students to become a better man, a better citizen, and a better professionals.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansbertumali

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:07 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
Traditional or online education?

I chose traditional education which is lectures, discussions, and a face-to-face interaction between the learners and teacher because this kind of education is where we will appreciate learning more than online education. And why? Because it is all about hardwork, determination, motivation, willingness, and discipline for the learners be able to passed, and aspects that should be consider to become a successful professionals someday. On the other hand, online education for me is all about laziness and that would not be helpful for the learners become a better man, and professionals someday.


Basketball

You just posted your idea online, welcome to online education!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: i agree with rudolph   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:10 am

I prefer the Traditional Learning Method..

Why?

In my opinion, the TL is more effective than the Online education because it will develop social interaction between students and Professors as well, high self-esteem may acquire. While in an Online Education, they will have minimal physical-social interaction (face to face contact) because it is just be you and the computer. Aside from that, it has also plenty of disadvantages such as the possibility of having a disease because of too much exposure in a COMPUTER; in addition, the students will become LAZY and EFFORTLESS in their activities because they just depend on it. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansbertumali

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
Online education is a lazy tactic kind of teaching the students and it would develop laziness for the students. In this way, students might become an ineffective and not productive professionals someday. So it is better to have the traditional education for the students to become a better man, a better citizen, and a better professionals.


Basketball

Is it a lazy tactic?

I, participating in this forum does not make me a lesser man, a lesser citizen or a lesser professional.

you posted your ideas here too... Can you justify the development of laziness by online education in the Philippine setting?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaret



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am

It is true that technology have brought change in our lives. Technological innovations doesn't only bring comfort in our lives but also, it aids in the students' education. Nowadays, computers had been a convenient educational tool for students around the globe. But, Online based education has its both advantages and disadvantages. using computers to use as an interaction tool for students gives them opportunities to interact with each other freely..no time bounderies and they have the confidence to utter their own opinions (which they won't usually do in a traditional-setting classroom) and the chance to hear the opinions of others as well. The disadvantage is that, using online education to enhance the students' interactivity does not assure educators that it'll enhance the quality of education. There might be lack of motivation for the filipino students such as being involved in such online group discussions because not all students have the ability to access online.
In my own opinion, Online based education isn't enough to be relied upon with.
Let's talk about reality, not all filipino students have their own computers in their houses. (sigh)
It is still better to use the traditional way of learning.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 28
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Kristine's Post   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:17 am

Yeah right! Online education is effortless, laziness, and ineffective for us learners. Be what you are, face the challenges personally, and be what you believe. Traditional education is still the best.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansbertumali

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 am

kristine lalic wrote:
I prefer the Traditional Learning Method..

Why?

In my opinion, the TL is more effective than the Online education because it will develop social interaction between students and Professors as well, high self-esteem may acquire. While in an Online Education, they will have minimal physical-social interaction (face to face contact) because it is just be you and the computer. Aside from that, it has also plenty of disadvantages such as the possibility of having a disease because of too much exposure in a COMPUTER; in addition, the students will become LAZY and EFFORTLESS in their activities because they just depend on it. lol!

If TL is more effective then please explain why Harvard University is offering an online course?

http://www.extension.harvard.edu/DistanceEd/

Furthermore... I think becoming Lazy in online education is a lame argument...

If I'm in the classroom... I sit then Listen to the teacher... Same thing as sitting in front of a computer...

Effortless? How?

Constructing Ideas and posting it online is just the same as printing it and passing it the next day? Doing it online just makes it faster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 28
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Ansbert's Post   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 am

About laziness, what do you call by just sitting and facing the computer without any activity that can be done related to learning just like having group work activity? How can you learn by just computer without any experiences? How can you evaluate yourself without the critiques of others personally? Well, it is all about laziness because by this, learners will take less time in their studies, no one can monitor them what they are doing unlike in school there were teachers who check attendance, check how well they do in school, and of course, in traditional way you can really see the hard work of the students than online education.

Laziness = online education.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie Lota

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2009-09-01
Age : 28
Location : Marikina City

PostSubject: The reactions of everyone   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 am

Well i have read all the reactions of everyones and how they spoke or wrote out what they thought
about the given selection..

And if i have to choose between tradition or online education?

i like the traditional way for it shows that your actually putting effort when your trying to learn or research something.
But also having the internet around also is very usefull and convenient especially for quick research and in the long run
it also saves the time and effort of the student.

and i agree with rudolph has explained the online education or whatever is very lazy. Anyone can research about a certain topic
or given disease but when you research it do you actually read it our do you just copy and paste it and pass it as your own work.
Well I admitt i do that but i mean based on experience i truly do not understand what i have just copied and pasted.

But when i take the time to get a book look for the topic and actually read it, i tend to understand what i have actually read and I
would be able to express or explain what i have just learned.

But i mean everyone here has a great reason and good reaction regarding their given selection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansbertumali

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:42 am

jonrudolph_lota wrote:
About laziness, what do you call by just sitting and facing the computer without any activity that can be done related to learning just like having group work activity? How can you learn by just computer without any experiences? How can you evaluate yourself without the critiques of others personally? Well, it is all about laziness because by this, learners will take less time in their studies, no one can monitor them what they are doing unlike in school there were teachers who check attendance, check how well they do in school, and of course, in traditional way you can really see the hard work of the students than online education.

Laziness = online education.


Basketball

Online education has activities too, they have experiences too and right now you are evaluating my post...

I am evaluating your post too. So are you telling me that there is a lack of evaluation here?

Being an open learner... Do you need someone to monitor you? Monitoring yourself as discussed in our lecture is one aspect of it.

Laziness = online education???

Can't you see... you are already participating in online education... please don't call yourself lazy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
margaret



Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:44 am

Online education is a lazy tactic..

A student like me is used in attending class on weekdays. if online education would be allowed, i think i would lose the motivation to study, therfore i might develop laziness..staring in front of a computer for hours typing isn't my doing. i would be tempted to play an online game or i'll just watch my favorite anime on youtube.
I'd be better off with the traditional way of learning (attending school on time and learning from reading books). at least, somebody would look after me (teacher) and there would be no distractions (computer) for me to study. If i were to compare computer to a classroom.. computer-is for playing..and classroom-is for learning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ansbertumali

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 am



Debate me on this... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 28
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Ansbert's Post   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 am

Hahahaha..So you mean that this is an activity? Well I agree with you. This is an activity, maybe I am after for the grade that is why, meaning laziness. Hahahaha..I'm participating because of the grade and I always feel lazy whenever I'm doing online activities. But I have to be honest with you that I do enjoying right now and I don't know why. Hahahaha..Well, I want to thank Sir Kalaw for this activity.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Group One. Post here.   

Back to top Go down
 
Group One. Post here.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Technical Working Group
» Post Qualification Report
» Post Disqualification Procedure
» Post-Qualification
» Additional technical document or post-qualification requirements other than stated in the IRR

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strategies of Health Teaching :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: