This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Group Three. Post here.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Group Three. Post here.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:29 am

Group Three, please post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccpcon-she.forumotion.net
april

PostSubject: experience is the best educator   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:35 am

" As they move
from career to career, much of what they will need to learn won’t be what they learned
in school a decade earlier. They will have to be able to pick up new skills outside of
today’s traditional educational institution. "

I think everyone of us must go to college.. get a degree and then spend six months as a service crew and another six months as a volunteer. Only then would we really be educated.. hehehe

We can learn anywhere. There are so much things to learn outside the four corners of our classroom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rialyn

PostSubject: Students should witness an act of knowing rather than just the rendering of knowledge   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:08 am

Technology is very essential in today’s society. It is everything to every human being.
In consideration with this, we tend to be flexible through life-long learning. We tend to view learning from a new perspective and consider the edge of each innovation for several opportunities and challenges. Thus, being not limited with the traditional resources.

There are countless of ways to consider in terms of learning though most of it is always in-touch with technology-referring to visual learning. By these, using of a new technology for enhancing the systematic education is a must to encourage institutions for higher learning. So, the passion of learning will be unleashed and bring to this pursuit.

Above all this, i may say: “Technology should stand as an inclination of knowledge towards everybody, everywhere and in any way.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: New Learning Environments   Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:56 am

Exploration of new learning environments for learners has a great impact in developing their capability to learn, improve, and gain knowledge. New environments that would be of great help for them to learn, and would change their learning styles for the better.

•Environment that would give way to an easy access of finding information they need with the help of computer or laptop (surfing the net, googling).
•Environment that would allow learners to learn from their mistakes or failure in game-based learning (computer games).
•Environment that would help improve their speaking in English, contribute to a class (sharing ideas), and stop cheating which is the blogging, and other environments that would enhance one’s ability to learn.

For me, learning would be effective with the help of this learning environments because it really affects one's interest, and ability to learn.

Basketball

Last edited by jonrudolph_lota on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie Lota

PostSubject: New Learning Environments   Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:06 am

After reading the given selection regarding the new learning environments that MIT, USC and many different colleges have applied to improve the learning and interest of the students. To me these techniques are quite interesting for instance the new learning environment method to were the students have a laptop and during the time the professor would be lecturing, the student would be able to research certain topics that they do not quite understand and come up with questions regarding the topic itself.

In this given selection it explains many different learning environments which have been applied before and now. How the life of multimedia have revolutionized our learning environment today. Today our learning process revolves around the use of computers, cell phones and of course the internet. There any many methods that were being applied for instance blogs, the clicker, gaming itself. What really caught my interest was how playing computer games or games in particular can really help develop the critical thinking of an individual and how they can come up with different strategies in order to master the game.

I in fact think that technology has made a difference in our lives. It has given us easy access for variety of choices and sources where we can gain information on a certain topic. But my point is that there many environments to be considered that can be applicable for a certain group of individuals but there can never be one perfect environment it would depend on the interest of the individuals and what would work for those individuals. Whether it is the use of the clicker, blogs, computers in the class room, or whatever it may be. I truly would depend on the individuals and what best suites their attitude and personality.

I truly was amazed by the different environment and methods used to teach the students abroad especially in the different universities which in the end proved to be very effective. But I stand on what I said the learning environment is based on the attitude and personality of the individual and what best suites them.

So i guess what im trying to say what do you think is the best learning environment for you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Louie's Comment   Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:26 am

Computer games...

I think Louie has a point in there that it is really up for the students to select an environment that suits them the best and what captures their interests to be able to have an effective learning process. For example, I love to play computer games and I enjoy playing eat, by the way I love it, it is where I learn, it is where I improve my skills, and it is where I start being a strategist. In addition, every time I failed, I just try and try to finish or accomplish any challenges and this is how I learned through computer games.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chexter08

PostSubject: New Learning Environments   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:39 am

The never ending search for knowledge will continuously improve the manner of learning and ways of presenting informations to the lay man. This ever evolving system, as dynamic as our culture manages to make students learn not only by the knowledge given at school but with the experience instilled into us by our own explorations.

The New Learning Environment offers a big help in every learner, because i t provides a more complex and wider options for students to share their ideas and opinions. The New Learning Environment helps one to ease work and efforts by using technological advancements like using the internet, and not only is internet used in objective teaching of students, because online interaction makes life easier for instances that instant chatting is urgent. Over with the conventional "snail mail" method of sending our messages, the telephone has changed the course of history that in one way or another does not only bring us to the person we want to talk to but places us nearer to reaching our life goals.

Base on New Learning Environment "Oppurtunities to enchance learning by exploring", for me if you have any oppurtunity grab it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Chexter's Comment   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 am

You have a good line in your post chexter to grab the opportunity that would go along our way. But in what way does the opportunity related to new learning environments?

Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkdrei

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:14 am

I think what chexter mean is that, if there is an opportunity in learning better have it, no doubt just grab it. Like now, we as student where given the opportunity to study, in a private school just for us to learn in a good environment. Good facilities, professors, classmates, and schoolmates. We study, and simply just to study and as much as possible don't waste the money that our parents earn and spend for our tuition. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rialyn

PostSubject: An idea to reflect.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:20 am

Idea I would just like to expound what Chexter have posted so as, to give my own opinion on Jonrudolph Lota’s question.
Opportunity is an advantageous chance that should be utilized in order to enhance learning by means of exploring and discovering reliable ideas. These ideas may be used as a prospect for a new learning Environment.

In addition, to highlight and use the term “technological advancement” as an example. By using the opportunity of technological advancement, a new form of learning Environment may popped-out through exploring the world of internet. New insights may come-out and another sort of learning may be produced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chexter08

PostSubject: what way does the opportunity related to new learning environments?   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 am

Oppotunity is related to new learning environments in terms of enhancing your ideas and knowledge about modern technologies what we have right now..=) d it also related to our studies.

Last edited by chexter08 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Louie Lota

PostSubject: Reply to all   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:25 am

Haha well i must say this really is an effective way to share our thoughts regarding the given topics or selections choosen by our kind and honorable professor sir kalaw. Well kodos to you sir. We truly were able to speak our minds and share what we have understand on the given selections and share our comments on the different posts that were posted by the others students.

Well to me i think everyone has there own point about the selection. And the title itself explains everything. "New learning environments", so my question is what do you think this means. Well if most you read the selection and i know everyone has. It just explains the many techniques or as we call it methods of learning that were applied in many colleges/universities abroad. But what do you think would be applicable to CCP and how effective do you think it may be. Would we get higher scores in our exams, quizes, test and our assignments.

Well as we move up the ladder to success in becoming a graduate of nursing and hopefully reach our professor sir kalaw, by extending our goals in becoming a masters of science in nursing (MSN) or deep deep inside we have the potential to reach the highest in becoming one day a surgeon, medical practitioner, ob gyne, pediatrician or what ever suites your area of expertise.

I mean these methods and techniques that were applied, do you really think it can improve our study habits or is these sorts of technology is the main reason for our flaws. Since we have become addicted to FACEBOOK, FRIENDSTER, MYSPACE, MULTIPLY, TAGGED... etc.. Me those kind of websites are great and interesting which also has one of the methods that was also applied in one college the using of BLOGS. Which enables us to speak our mind and get also compliments or reactions reagarding what we have said.

To me these new learning environments cant really be applied here in the philippines it would take time for us to adjust and get used to the new environment. I think its up to us students or learners to adjust and keep up with our environment. Because if we wait for the environment to change we wont reach our goals. We need to be the ones to change and adjust. Then later check on the what environment would of been more easier or more applicable to your learning.

So to conclude all the things i have said and to get back on to what im supposed to say. I agree to everyones idea and point of view about the given selection "NEW LEARNING ENVIRONMENT". Good job group 3...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
russel

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:28 am

April is definitely right. WE have lots of source of learning like books, our teachers and experience. It really help us to much learn and increase our knowledge. Now a days, there are many thing that can be a source of learning specially now that there's internet. Where already in the Computer Age, we are very lucky because of the computer and high tech gadgets that will help us improve our skills and increase of knowledge about anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhonrigil bengan

PostSubject: new learning environment   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:36 am

according to what I've read,,, new learning environment is more on how student learn according to environment. for me, learning is never ending kind of story. if there has a single learner leave in this planet, learning will never be terminated. and also according to the article, it shows also how high our technology is. its not bad to have such technology if were only using it in nice way. Because according to what i've experience, am searching for a research assignment and theres alot of article that comes out in such website,i copy and paste it, and what I've got is wrong information about the topic, and its hard to accept because of such wrong information that they post, I failed on my assignmnet. Damn it!!!

We all know that having a hightechnology makes our life more easier. just one click away. and "chadan" what you need is on the net. I admire how some students use technology abroad as part of their learning, they use it more effectively because they use it in a nice way. Learning with Hightechnology is fun. while the proffesor is having a lecture student can also search for it, and they can throw such questiion about the topic,,..

students must look forward in more effective way about leaning with teachnology.

for me, higher technology means higher learning!!!!

what about you???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Andrei And Chexter's Post   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:38 am

LOL Chexter, your explanation is not related to what I am asking you.

About Andrei's post, you have a point there that what we have right now is an opportunity because we are studying in a good environment, good facility, good professors, and it is really a great help for us to become a good nurses someday.

Go CCP, thanks for the knowledge that was imparted to us by our professors.

Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
april

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 am

Past is fast! I think that illiterates of the 21st century will not be those who can't read and write, but those who can't learn, unlearn, and relearn. Razz This is so true. Now that there are so many avenues for learning available for us, it is but our responsibility to grab this opportunity and make ourselves as productive as possible. Learning is relative. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dane_ako

PostSubject: New Learning Enviroments   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:52 am

New Learning Environments, beyond doubt, better enhances the amount and the value of learning acquired. The traditional classroom environment tends to bore stiff the students and leave them with no interest and rebuffed concern on the point of discussion. They are left with no room to discover, produce and contribute new ideas by themselves, with their teachers and with their peers. The approach that Career-Centered Learning Environment cuffed me the most. In our chosen field, which is Nursing, authentic and realistic exposure in the clinical area is unsurpassed when is comes to accumulating constructive and functional knowledge. Constructive and functional knowledge which is not obtainable inside the four corners of a classic conventional classroom. As what was said in the article, "Learning about" is different from "Learning to be. "Learning about" nursing the classroom (with lectures, slides and notes) is shoddier than and has no comparison to "Learning to be" a nurse in real life (assisting in operations, administering medicine or simply building rapport with patients).

Another point that I would like to stress is, the importance of a learner's learning style and how it is harmonized by the learning environment in which the learner is exposed to. Not just in the field of nursing, but in other fields as well. Learning should not be cramped or restricted with only a single environment simply because not all and sundry learn the same way or in the same atmosphere and setting. It is best to experiment with new options in order to generate and yield better results.

Last edited by dane_ako on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
russel

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:54 am

in line with this, new insights about the new learning environment are being introduced since the 21st generation are packaged with the technology. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
russel

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:56 am

indeed, knowledge would be enriched once the learning has been experienced. thus, it adds another source of learning environment which is good for enlightenment of knowledge. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
darkdrei

PostSubject: kids of present time.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:57 am

Now a days i observe that most of the kids have a fast adaptation in our time. Its either they learn in a good way or not.

I know a kid who learn speaking English by just watching a television, nickelodeon. She will make a conversation in English, in which develop by just watching. I can say that she has a good listening skill and good comprehension. But she is not that good on spelling, in which she can learn while she is studying at school. Laughing

In this, i can say that it depends in an individual whether they can adapt easier or slowly. Technology can also a help, but not that necessary to all.

Things can go wrong if you where in a bad environment.

Kids playing computer game, mostly in a computer shop. Most of them learn something which is not good.

Most of the time, when i rent in a computer shop i can see more kids playing games. As i can observe, they learn how to say vulgar words that is very offensive to hear. Most of them, where already hot tempered and always saying "tang ina, deads na naman!". Its very inappropriate for them to say that in such age. Technology like computer games, mostly affects the attitude and behavior of an individual.

Not all computer games where bad at all, games that can be considered education may be a useful tool for learning. Like text twist, hangaroo, webster spelljam etc. this games is suitable to any ages. Games like this can help you learn in process. If you get wrong, next time you encounter it you already know the answer and you can even apply what you learn anytime. Like spelling and trivia's, that I can say handy for us to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olaivar, Coleen

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:58 am

There are lots of new innovation that really help the students to achieve easy learning but people should know how to use this new learning innovation properly cause other people abuse it and make them so lazy to do anything and I do believe that traditional way of learning such as reading books and so ever reading materials would be effective way of learning. The only ting that I want to emphasize, you don't need new gadgets as part of environmental changes for you to be able to learn because sometimes it sends wrong information like Mr.bengan post. I admit it helps a lot but sometimes it makes me lazy example like depending on a net when having a assignment rather than reading books that I think much more effective and had a appropriate information that will help you to learn. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dane_ako

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:28 am

With all this talk about "New Learning Environments", I would still want to point out the importance of the conventional learning environment, which is the classroom as the standard setting to learn the fundamentals of all subject matter. Nothing beats a good foundation from inside the classroom and learning the fundamentals elsewhere would mean disaster in the future. Maturity is a pre-requisite required for the exploration of new learning atmospheres. If the learners are not of right maturity, they would most probably not learn anything or even worse acquire erroneous information.

Last edited by dane_ako on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

PostSubject: Watching T.V.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:29 am

About Andrei's post, isn't watching television has also bad effect for the children just like computer gaming because sometimes there are scenes that is not good for the children just like kissing scenes, sex, and sometimes there are already children who were used to watch XXX. Meaning both computer gaming and watching television must have PG..

Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dane_ako

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:33 am

To the two guys babbling about TV and Computers:

Both of you have your own, well respected points. As what I've said in my last post, the fundamentals should be taught in the classroom/home. Maturity is required before exploration. We cannot expect under-age children to know what is right from wrong, they would mix it up altogether. I say guidance and maturity.

Last edited by dane_ako on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhonrigil bengan

PostSubject: TV and Computer   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:35 am

TV and computer can use either good nor bad ways.... now a days we cant stop children watching porn or seductive scene in TV or net... what parents can do now is to guide their children.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group Three. Post here.   

Back to top Go down

Group Three. Post here.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next