This forum is intended for learners of Strategies of Health Teaching under my tutelage.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Group Two. Post here.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Posts : 15
Join date : 2009-08-30

PostSubject: Group Two. Post here.   Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:27 am

Group Two, please post here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccpcon-she.forumotion.net
eehya

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 28
Location : Q.C

PostSubject: Problem Based Learning   Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:36 am

I am in favor and very much familiar of problem-based learning since I am enrolled in a medical course. Like what is stated in the article, problem-based learning is a good training for students in the medical field, which is true, because learners were able to use their critical thinking in solving problems or certain situations. In nursing, to assist patient and help him or her recover, a nurse uses many interventions to help the patient get well. Such as, to help patient experiencing difficulty in breathing, a nurse can position patient in a fowler's position to facilitate the expansion of the lungs. He/she can also administer oxygen to assist patient in breathing. Maintaining adequate fluid intake and providing proper ventilation can also help the patient. Interventions depends on the problem or the chief complaint of the patient which is prioritized by the nurse using his/her critical thinking. This is what a problem-based learning offers which I like more than traditional learning offered in classrooms. It is more fun to learn in actual and experience different situations
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhen!oris

avatar

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Traditional versus Problem-based   Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:35 am

i agree. but i think traditional learning and problem based learning are equally important and both applied for situations.

in traditional learning when a Professor teach us with his knowledge through driven lectures some students merely absorbed this kind of learning. minsan boring para sa iba. but with the problem-based learning as you've said using of critical thinking as knowledge is acquired by learners like also having brainstorm in class. and one thing with this is in traditional learning style it includes memorization that student leads to forget, nalimutan na after ng semester (madalas ganun nanyayari). however, in problem based learning it includes problem solving skills like goal setting etc. which is good coz it includes formulating the problem.
the students are allowed to transfer knowledge to approach new problems and different situation.thus students are self-directed learners

but still there two learning techniques are equally important coz people have different approach in learning. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Problem-Based Learning   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:33 pm

Smile bounce Smile bounce Smile bounce

As I read the article about Problem-based learning, for me it is a paradigm shift that can help the students to express their feelings and to have their own goal, also to help each other by the use of socialization; giving advice, sharing ideas and experiences. It may help for the students to gain trust, knowledge and cooperation to one another. It can lead to self-directed skills because of the impact of the problem-based learning and because of the student-centered learning. This learning helps the student to develop self-esteem, and to study hard. There is no competition in terms of being intelligent in the class, because in this method students respect each of the ideas and knowledge that may share.

I think we should try this one, to enhance the capability or potential of every student that may result to quality and excellent education. It is much favorable to the medical field because it helps the Doctors or Nurses how to deal with the patient, what intervention may perform and also to think critically on the healing process of the patient.

-LALIC, KJM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 27
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: I Agree With Sophia   Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:13 am

Nurses + critical thinking = good nursing care for the patients.

Us, a soon to be nurses, must be a critical thinker for us to become an effective and productive nurses. This would allow us to improve and enhance our skills to be able to have a good nursing care for our patients. This would also be helpful in all emergency cases in which critical thinking would allow us to think what immediate care should be done to our patients. Overall, nurses must be critical thinkers to be able to establish a care which really need by the patient and to be able to response on the problem or disease of the patient.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhelai



Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: traditional vs. PBL   Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:05 am

jhen!oris wrote:
i agree. but i think traditional learning and problem based learning are equally important and both applied for situations.

in traditional learning when a Professor teach us with his knowledge through driven lectures some students merely absorbed this kind of learning. minsan boring para sa iba. but with the problem-based learning as you've said using of critical thinking as knowledge is acquired by learners like also having brainstorm in class. and one thing with this is in traditional learning style it includes memorization that student leads to forget, nalimutan na after ng semester (madalas ganun nanyayari). however, in problem based learning it includes problem solving skills like goal setting etc. which is good coz it includes formulating the problem.
the students are allowed to transfer knowledge to approach new problems and different situation.thus students are self-directed learners

but still there two learning techniques are equally important coz people have different approach in learning. Wink




my reply:

i don't think so that the traditional learning are more good than the problem based learning...why???because you said that traditional learning is more on lectures from the professor's and i think its a spoon feeding way...
because the professor give the papers to review..its more on memorizing many things that it can easy for the students...but in PBL it is more nice because we used our critical thinking...and PBL is one of the important things in our course,,because we can relay it in medical field..because as we soon nurses we must have a very good critical thinking so that we can serve our patient....we acn adopt this in many way in schools...like in recitation...you professor will have a surprise recitation,,,in this you don't have to study and study because you can used your critical thinking to answer his or her question....

,,,so that,,,i prefer the PROBLEM BASED LEARNING..


...>BACCOL,M.V>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 27
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Based On My Experience   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:15 am

Based on my experience..

Well, I grew up on a traditional way of teaching since I was elementary to high school. For me, it really depends on the student on how they will learn through this traditional way and of course, as a learner, I realized that it also depends on the teacher on how the discussion will run. Based on my experience, some lecturers were good and some were not, some were interesting lecturers and some were boring, some were fun and some were not. So it really depends on the teacher on how they are going to present a certain topic for the learners to find it interesting. And traditional way of teaching will be better if it was associated with the problem-based learning.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: i agree with mhelai   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 am

In our field, critical thinking ability is a must. Because it will help us in dealing with our patients carefully. PBL plays a vital role to perform the best procedure or intervention for the patient to easily recover in his/her disease.

While, the TL is more on the spoon feeding way of teaching. Students need to study hard to have higher grades and for them to compete to his/her co-students. In contrast, PBL is more of a group effort and cooperation.

So I suggest to my co-future nurses to practice the PBL because it will lead us in making ourselves to be more competitive and productive.. lol!


study study study


-LALIC, KJM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 27
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Kristine's Comment   Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:32 am

Well, we don't need high grades for us to become competitive, what we need is the ability to take good care of our patient, and of course, we must just be well equipped of knowledge because what I have noticed, there are professors who give lower grades and other give higher grades but I do believed now that grades doesn't matter. I am not saying that high grades is not a requirement for us nurses, it is a must but basing our grades on our capability to care for the patient is not measurable.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: i totally disagree   Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:43 am

I'm not trying to point out that obtaining higher grades is our ultimate goal to be called as a competetive nurse... But come to think of it, as a student we must have a grades that will reflect what we have learned in our school. We must face the reality that fresh graduates has only one strong defense to have a job and that is having a good grades and passing the board exam. (don't deny that fact!!! first things first.. hospitals are not expecting us to have such experiences. Hello? they will just hire nurses by asking bio data and stuff. They will not ask us immediately on how we take good care of our patients)


Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juna broncano



Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-09-02
Age : 26
Location : quezon city

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:03 am

For me, I agree with the problem-based learning, because I noticed with the kind of learning or education that we have now is that the students only learns by the teacher. They are more dependent rather than being an independent. By using PBL the students are being responsible for what they are going to do or to say. The student learns better, because they are not just memorizing but they are now trying to solve or analyzing a problem. It will help especially the students in medical field to analyze a problem. And the PBL give us a way to become a critical thinker .Being a critical thinker it is easier to encounter solve a problem.a problem, because a PBL can analyze and problem by critical thinker mind Smile Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 27
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Kristine's Post   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:06 am

But students must not compete with other just to have high grades as you have posted on your post. Effective nurses are those nurses who practices good relationship with his or her colleagues to be able to do good nursing care and it is not the grade that would help us take good care of our patients. It is our attitude and character that would really be of great help for our patients and of course, our ability to give care.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marina dato



Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:10 am

According to the article of Problem-Based Learning,
before, the PBL in medical schools is having a slow rate of learning but now a days in almost every country of the world are implementing PBL to become the new traditional way of educational students because it was a good way to gain the knowledge of student to easily adapt every lessons, to become more competent, and better able to deal with their working memory limitations. As an example, consider the fading effect helps students/learners to slowly enhance from studying examples to solving problems. In this case the feedback was found to be quite effective.

So the result will be PBL is used in all aspect of learning because it can influence the student to enhance content knowledge and foster the development of communication, problem-solving, and self-directed learning skill.

...in my own opinion it should be use in all aspects of LEARNING because it is establish the capability on how should you understand the problem easily..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olaivar, Coleen



Posts : 13
Join date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:13 am

Obtaining a high grade is one of the bases for fresh graduates to gain good job but sometimes it depends on your strategy on how you can able to get a good job sometimes it is not reflecting on your high grades and I realize that your learning capability is not base on a high grades that you obtain because there are people who don't have a good grades but a successful one in the field of nursing..I only want to emphasize that learning is not reflecting on the grades that you acquired because there are instructor even the student excel they have high expectation so they give low grades even the student perform and learn a lot. Passing a board exam is needed for you to have a job but it depends on your ability and learning experiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: for Rudolph   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:23 am

Did you really read and understand what i've posted?

Opps, maybe you need to read it twice.. Because what i'm trying to point out about aiming a higher grades is when we have lecture, discussion and exams (TL). I am explaining about TRADITIONAL LEARNING and not in Promblem-Based Learning, Okay??? So can you still justify what caused you to react like that?..


bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marina dato



Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:38 am

I’m agree to the PBL because it is a way on how you can understand & gain knowledge easily, it can helps learners to easily memories the lessons because it contributes and facilitate your learning through problem solving...

=
in which learners collaboratively solve problems and reflect on their own experiences....

clown lol! .santa santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: for coleen   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:41 am

Not all people have strategies that will help them get a job. Be PRACTICAL we must know that our grades serves as an evaluation of what we have learn.. Our professors rate us on how they think we perform..(I'm talking about FRESH GRADUATES here..)

For example you have a grade of 5??? Do you still depend on your miraculous strategies???

Yeah, because they are destined to become successful nurses, but a lot of them succeed because they did well in school and they strive hard to pass the board...



cheers lol! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marina dato



Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:44 am

I’m agree to the PBL because it is a way on how you can understand & gain knowledge easily, it can helps learners to easily memories the lessons because it contributes and facilitate your learning through problem solving...

and reflect on our own experiences.....


it was very reliable way of enhancing knowledge..


> scratch ... lol! ... I love you ......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dane_ako

avatar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 31
Location : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:53 am

The fair lady is just simply stating that grades serve as an evaluation and concrete evidence of our performance and acquired skills as nurses. In reality, they will not listen to your stories of how effective or efficient you were during your exposure, but would just simply look at your resume, which has no record of work experience but only GRADES. And besides, people wouldn't believe that you're as good as what you say with out your grades.

It's like saying that your the best basketball player, but with no statistics to back it up.

Does that make sense?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jonrudolph_lota

avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2009-09-04
Age : 27
Location : Marikina, Philippines

PostSubject: Kristine's Post   Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:58 am

kristine lalic wrote:
In our field, critical thinking ability is a must. Because it will help us in dealing with our patients carefully. PBL plays a vital role to perform the best procedure or intervention for the patient to easily recover in his/her disease.

While, the TL is more on the spoon feeding way of teaching. Students need to study hard to have higher grades and for them to compete to his/her co-students. In contrast, PBL is more of a group effort and cooperation.

So I suggest to my co-future nurses to practice the PBL because it will lead us in making ourselves to be more competitive and productive.. lol!


study study study


-LALIC, KJM

See and read what you have posted in this post of yours..

You have said that "students need to study hard to have higher grades and for them to compete to his or her co-students".

And this kind of attitude must not be practice by the students especially nurses. We should not have a competition as colleagues to be able for us to take good care of our patients just what I have said on my last post.


Basketball
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:19 am

How many hopefuls have no job right now?.. If you will not be competitive enough then how can you get a job?.. grow up.. and open your eyes.. (Aiming for a better grade is applicable for all students)

In the first place did I mentioned, ONLY nursing students want to have a high grades?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kristine lalic

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:28 am

I'm just contrasting the PROBLEM-BASED LEARNING to TRADITIONAL LEARNING.. Okay???
So, stick to the PBL TOPIC.. Don't go around the bosh..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eehya

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 28
Location : Q.C

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:35 am

kristine lalic wrote:
Did you really read and understand what i've posted?

Opps, maybe you need to read it twice.. Because what i'm trying to point out about aiming a higher grades is when we have lecture, discussion and exams (TL). I am explaining about TRADITIONAL LEARNING and not in Promblem-Based Learning, Okay??? So can you still justify what caused you to react like that?..


bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

hahaha.. chillax jula.. well actually i agree with you.. rudolph does not read your article carefully that's why he misunderstand.. anyways doplph try to read everything again and try to understand julala's point.. cause you're kind of missing her point.. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eehya

avatar

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 28
Location : Q.C

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:58 am

haha.. it was nice to know that all of my groupmates were in favor of the PBL.. maybe bacause we're so fed up by the traditional way of learning.. as what i have experienced during my high school years since i came from a learner based and non graded school PBL is really effective because students were trained to study on their own. discover things on their own and aplly what they have learned on their own ways which if for me a big advantage for students exposed to this kind of learning because he or she will be able to overcome whatever kind of problem come to his or her own way. unlike in the traditional way of learning where in what the teacher says is the only thing that is right, for me is a big disadvantage for the students exposed to this kind of learning. traditional way of learning is more on theory so in short, may be or may be not, students has not yet applied what they have learned or cannot apply what they have learned since in traditional, mostly!, were thought only of A way to answer a certain problem.. this is one of the barriers for students being creative and spontaneous in handling a certain problem... that's all i can say for now.. Smile buh bye..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mhelai



Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:28 am

kristine lalic wrote:
I'm just contrasting the PROBLEM-BASED LEARNING to TRADITIONAL LEARNING.. Okay???
So, stick to the PBL TOPIC.. Don't go around the bosh..

,,julat0t...chill..wer same.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Group Two. Post here.   

Back to top Go down
 
Group Two. Post here.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Technical Working Group
» Post Qualification Report
» Post Disqualification Procedure
» Post-Qualification
» Additional technical document or post-qualification requirements other than stated in the IRR

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Strategies of Health Teaching :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: